Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify logs me out immediately and says error code 3

Spotify logs me out immediately and says error code 3

Please help. I have been trying to log into spotify on my laptop for a while now. It wont let me login in through facebook. I keep clicking the button but nothing happens. Then I tried logging in with my username and password, but it logs me in for a second, and I see all my playlists and everything, but then it immediately logs me out. Please advise!

14 Replies

Hey @AdityaJ,

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the appreinstall. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what we can suggest!

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Problem started when I restarted my laptop. I was logged into the app previously. 

I uninstalled and then reinstalled but nothing happened!

Hey again @AdityaJ,

do you have the same issue if you try logging into a different device? Also, is this happening to you on a home or office network?

Let me know how it goes and

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Nope, it only happens on my laptop. I am on my office network, don't use my laptop on my home network. 

Hey again @AdityaJ,

If you‘re on an office network, please make sure you don't have any restrictions set on your network that could be causing this issue.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

There are no restrictions. Like I said, I was using Spotify on my office network for about 2 months. 

Hey again @AdityaJ,

are you using a VPN and are their country settings correct at https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/ ?

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Nope, not using a VPN. Sorry!

Hey @AdityaJ!

If your Spotify account was set up via Facebook, try logging in by clicking the blue "Log in with Facebook" button to see if it helps.

If you receive the same error message, try logging in using the web player to see if it happens again.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Sorry I couldn't get back to you. I was logging in using the blue Facebook button originally. Then I tried to input my username and password. Now I am just using the web player!

No worries!

Just to confirm, were you getting the same error message regardless of how you logged in?

Also, now that you're using the web player, are you having any error messages or is it logging you out after a while?

Keep me posted.

It is the same error message yes. I am not having any major issue with the web player. Sometimes the music will randomly stop but I think that is because of the internet connection!

Alright!

Could you let me know what OS and Spotify version are you using on your work's laptop?

If you're able, try tethering your data from your phone to the laptop and trying to log in using that internet connection to see if it behaves the same.

All the best.

Suggested posts