Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not safe, full of bots

Spotify not safe, full of bots

This is the second time a bot created a Spotify account using one of my email addresses. The first time, it was an account in Spanish. The second time, in Turkish. Looks like they are doing that from Holland.

I just closed the second account, so I won't keep getting all those emails asking me to confirm the account... The username was an unintelligible mix of letters and numbers.

Now, I am trying to create a new account using this email of mine, so I won't have bots using it anymore. HOWEVER, SPOTIFY PREVENTS ME TO USE MY OWN EMAIL. It keeps saying the email already belongs to an account.

Thanks for having this unsecure and annoying system, Spotify.

Just to make it clear: I don't want the current account.

3 Replies

Hi there @KarenSoarele,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would like to mention that an email address that was used in a closed account can be registered for a new account 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

This is the reason why you're unable to create a new account right away.

In addition, i recommend you visit this support page and follow the instructions written under "Another account is using my email address".

If indeed reaching out to support would be the following steps there, please bear in mind that due to the current Covid-19 global situation it might take time a bit more time to respond.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you 🙂

After exactly 14 days of the account being canceled, I was ready to create my own, trully account, but the bot did it first!!! It created an account using MY email again!

IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE'S SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!

<snip - Moderator Edit>

Hi @KarenSoarele,

I would be useful info to know if you're now able to create a new account ?

New accounts are created with a username that consists of letters and numbers and has the option of choosing which display name should be presented.

If you're were able to create a new account, you'll be able to see the selected display name.

I would also recommend you secure your email address by changing the password.

Hope this shed some light 🙂

Suggested posts