Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify not showing full name when linked to Facebook.

Spotify not showing full name when linked to Facebook.

Hey, I'm having issues with my display name on Spotify.

I linked my Facebook account to my Spotify account to connect to my Facebook friends, however my display name is only my first name rather than my full name. Is there any way to fix this, or will I have to create a new account?

Thanks.

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list. Give it 48 hours and your name should be back 🙂

Let us know if it's not working, or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Hi I'm having the opposite problem - I've disconnected my facebook but its still showing my facebook name and profile picture. How do i change this as I don't want it to show any facebook info 

Hey, thanks for replying.
I've checked both options and they're both set correctly and the problem is still there. Any other potential solutions?

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Let's try to set the connection up again. You can do this by unlinking Facebook from your Spotify account. Both in your settings in Spotify, and in the account setings on Facebook.

Now try to link your Facebook to your Spotify account again. Keep in mind it can take up to 48 hours before all changes take effect.

Hope it works 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts