Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly pauses

Solved!

Spotify randomly pauses

My Spotify randomly pauses after 20-30 minuts of playing - often in the middle of playing a track. It happens in the Android app and on the Desktop app, while streaming and during offline play. I've deleted all cache files on both platforms, reinstalled on both platforms, tried uninstalling on only one platform and then the other (to ensure the two aren't interfering with each other somehow), and I've tried to use the "log out from everywhere" option in my account settings to ensure no other devices are logged in. It still happens. This wasn't always the case - I used to be able to play Spotify playlists for hours. I believe the new behavior started sometime February. What happened?

Mobile stats: Pixel XL running Android 8.1.0, patch level April 5, 2018; Spotify 8.4.49.462
Desktop stats: Windows 10 Pro, version 1709; Spotify 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

SOLUTION: My problem was caused by the Spotify Music application for Windows. I had downloaded and installed it from the Windows Store (publisher was Spotify AB).

After weeks of troubleshooting, I finally discovered that when Spotify mobile paused, the application was reporting that it was connecting to a "Spotify AMB" device which is why it stopped playback. I traced that device back to the desktop application. When I uninstalled the application from my desktop the behavior went away. I haven't had it stop playback in over a month now so I'm considering this fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

This is with a Spotify Premium account, btw.

Spotify is simply an over priced inferior product and isn't worth continued subscription, especially when you're a mobile user.

:(((  hello, I have the same problem. Have you found any solution to this problem?

Marked as solution

SOLUTION: My problem was caused by the Spotify Music application for Windows. I had downloaded and installed it from the Windows Store (publisher was Spotify AB).

After weeks of troubleshooting, I finally discovered that when Spotify mobile paused, the application was reporting that it was connecting to a "Spotify AMB" device which is why it stopped playback. I traced that device back to the desktop application. When I uninstalled the application from my desktop the behavior went away. I haven't had it stop playback in over a month now so I'm considering this fixed.

Suggested posts