Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify randomly stops playback and switches to listen on chrome web app when on iphone or desktop

Spotify randomly stops playback and switches to listen on chrome web app when on iphone or desktop

A few days ago Spotify started to stop playback and then ask if I wanted to listen on Chrome web app, whether I was on my iphone spotify app or my macbook spotofiy app.  Also, when I chose to return to playback on my device, it would choose odd songs that I've never listened to. Looking up the problem the best I found was it was a problem in Spotify´s programing or logout of all sessions on all devices, change your password, even change password on Facebook if ou use that, and the login again. Also restart was suggested.

I did this twice and the problem persists. I can listen to part of a song and then it repeats the problem, stopping playback and then switching songs. 

Premium

Spain

Device

(iPhone 5, Macbook Pro mid 2014)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Mac OS 10.13.6)

4 Replies

I found a solution.
I logged out of all instances, canceled my premium subscription, deleted the Spotify app off my computers and devices. 

Also, deleted Spotify off Facebook.

I did not reinstall or resubscribe. 

Now I never have the problem again!!!! Works like a charm

Hey @miloidea,

Thanks for visiting us here!

If you ever wish to sign up again and this happens again, look here for what you can do to secure your account.

We also recommend taking a look at this article where we give some tips on how to keep people of your account.

If you have further questions, let us know. Have a nice day.

Hey there @miloidea,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If you believe you were affected by the Facebook security breach, and use your Facebook account to login to Spotify, we'd suggest reaching out to one of our support channels to help you log you out of every device that you are currently logged into. Then you will need to log back into each device you'd like to use for Spotify.

Further, please keep in mind that Spotify has not experienced a security breach. We take the security of your data very seriously and we recognize that many people share login information across various platforms. As a precaution, if you have any concerns, we recommend updating your Spotify password, or if your account was created through Facebook, the password you use for your FB login.

Hope this sheds some more light 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts