Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify recent searches file location

Spotify recent searches file location

I noticed after looking through 3 different devices that the search history (or recent searches) seems to be saved locally to the device instead of across the account. I am moving files over to a new PC and would like to keep this information. And any other files if they are stored locally. I assume this would be somewhere in appdata but don't know exactly where and what is stored there.

So in short, where is recent searches file located and is there any other somewhat relevant data stored locally I may want to move?

I am also going to move my local music files over but hope that simply enabling the same option on the new PC will keep the files on the playlist I had them on. If this isn't the case please let me know the right way to do it. I do have this playlist downloaded.

3 Replies

Anybody? Would really appreciate an answer ❤️

Hey @PuppetMaster000,

Apologies for the late response!

You can try replacing the entire contents of the app data folder but this may not work and could potentially break your app, so we'd advise against it.
And on the local files note, as long as you move them to the new PC and specify the correct path to them in the app, all should work as it previously did.

Let us know if any further questions arise 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Damn so this really isn't information people know... That is kinda depressing.

Yeah I didn't want to transfer over all of the app data for the reason you mentioned specifically, no reason to risk it. 

I was certain someone would know which file specifically is related to search results. This means I have to experiment myself unfortunately 😞

Suggested posts