Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stoppes due to several streams at the same time?

Spotify stoppes due to several streams at the same time?

Hi!

I'm from time to time experience that Spotify stops when I stream Spotify on several medias at the same time. How many connections should be possible for a premium account at the same time? I'm currently mainly use it with Sonos multiroom system home and at the summer house, in my Tesla and on the phone.

Sometimes when I'm in the car, my wife plays in the house via Sonos and it seems that we are compeeting on the same stream.

Since I don’t know how many streams that are allowed at the same time I don’t know if this is some sort of bug or if this how it’s supposed to work. However I have not experienced this more than a couple of months.

I was thinking that I might upgrade to family premium, but I really don’t want separate accounts for different locations. I just want enough streams on the same account.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do.

Kind Regards

Per Chr

9 Replies

Hi,

You can be logged in in more than one device but you can't listen to a playlist using more than one account. As soon as you play a song in another device your current device will stop playing the song.

Hi!

I've testet and we are not lissening to the same playlist at all. I think this is releated to the fact that one of the devices is my Tesla. I've now trying a family account instead. However this requires separate email accounts, and somehow I struggel to set it up from the same PC. Everytime i try to follow the link which is sent to new email (on same PC) is claims that user allready exists. Probably since spotify is already installed with other user on this PC. I try to log off but get same issue.

It worked when activating my wifes account from other device, but I reallhy dont want to buy a new PC or device to activate a dummy account.

Kind regards

Per Chr

I have the same problem, anyone found a solution?

@pebano wrote:

Hi!

I've testet and we are not lissening to the same playlist at all. I think this is releated to the fact that one of the devices is my Tesla. I've now trying a family account instead. However this requires separate email accounts, and somehow I struggel to set it up from the same PC. Everytime i try to follow the link which is sent to new email (on same PC) is claims that user allready exists. Probably since spotify is already installed with other user on this PC. I try to log off but get same issue.

It worked when activating my wifes account from other device, but I reallhy dont want to buy a new PC or device to activate a dummy account.

Kind regards

Per Chr

I have the same problem, anyone found a solution?

Hi,
It seems that I have forgot about this topic.
you cannot listen your songs with more than one device at the same time. As soon as you turn on a song on your second device, the song playing on your first device will stop.
Regards

Hi!
I've ended up with signing a family membership for spotify. On account for sonos, one for the car and one for my phone. Not what I hoped, but it's working.

Did not lissen to the same song. This happens only if one of the devices is either sonos or in my tesla. Looks like it's no problem if streaming from 2 mobile phones.

But how did you manage to use the link to register the tesla? When I tried to use it on my PC, Mac or Iphone, I'm told I'm already a member.

I think I had to send then link to a computer/phone where spotify was not yet used. The you register.
For example you would have a problem if you already are signed in on other spotify account on PC.

Suggested posts