Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify telling ""your current location doesnt match the one you set in your profile"

Spotify telling ""your current location doesnt match the one you set in your profile"

A few days ago i  started the get the following message from spotify app "your current location doesnt match the one you set in your profile". My profile is set as UK user and if I use one of those "what's my IP apps", it's telling me that my ip is 146.185.23.179 and that i'm in the UK like it should! Can you help me?

Regards,

VP

13 Replies

Hey!

The country in your account does appear to be the UK. Are you actually logging in from the UK? If a UK IP address is being used, you really shouldn't receive this message.

If you need to, you can change the country in your account to your current location. If you have changed country, that is.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi thanks for your quick reply!

I'm logging in from the UK. As we speak my ip is 146.185.23.179.

My country on my profile is set to UK!

I'm not sure what's wrong here.

Regards,

VP

Hmm ok. I'm just popping an email to you now to clarify a few bits. We may need some security details, so a public forum isn't really ideal. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Same proplem here,

I lived in holland before and now i live in belgium.

I want to change my location but i dont have a creditcard.

Please help!

Shenkie343 - Just popped over an email to you. I look forward to hearing back.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

thx checking my mail now

I did try this option but it says to change your location you have to change your payment data??

Shenkie343 - If you respond to my email with the security info I've asked for, I can change the country in your account for you.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

sorry, i checked the wrong mail. lol its was an forum update message. anyway i wrote you back.

Thanks in advance.

OK so can anyone tell me how to change your location since I am living now in Germany and my location is set to USA, and it tells me that I have to change my credit card info to do that, but will that charge me? Or what? I don't want to pay, and plus I don't have a credit card can someone help me change it without getting a credit card info?

Hi,

Don't worry, we won't charge you anything. It's just to confirm the location you're changing it to.

If you don't have a card, just contact Customer Support and they'll help you out. Head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having this problem also, account created in US, now living in Belgium but have only US credit cards. Please advise. Thanks.

Econohart - Customer Support will be able to get everything switched over for you. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts