Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

Solved!

Spotify thinks I'm in the wrong country. Can't change country

I can't get spotify to go online because it thinks I'm in the wrong country. My profile says, that I'm from the USA, but I never made that setting. I'm from germany and have a german IP. I can't change my country in my profile on my own, because its greyed out. Please change the country to germany. My Accountname is fernetbranco

Thank you.

176 Replies

Thanks Peter and Sam!

All resolved guys.  Thanks again!

Awesome! Enjoy those tunes! 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi

I have the same issue. I am in Belgium but account is UK. Could you please enable my account to work in Belgium

Thank you

Marked as solution

Follow the steps here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/I-can-t-change-the-country-in-my-acc...

Peter

I'm having the same problem. When I made my account it worked find. I'm currently living in Baja California (near the border) and it doesn't let me play my music. If any one could help me.

Could you follow the steps in this post.

Can you help me?? My profile says i'm from the US which I am, but the music I have are not US playlists.. My sister and I follow the same playlists and her songs are different then mine. I think it thinks I'm from a different country. How do I fix this? It's really annoying. 

If your online profile shows your country as USA, you should definitely be seeing the US catalogue:
https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Peter

i have the same problem. my profile says i am from USA but i'm from Brazil, with brazilian IP. can you guys help me? my username is nakymalu. thanks!

Hey there, I have exactly the same problem as described above. How can I change it?
Thank you!

Any chance of a bit more detail? 

Hey I have the same problem as FERNETBRANCO .. I live in st maarten but i cant change it because it greyed out how to go about this ..i miss my spotify:(

I have the problem that im in Germany and in my profile my country is also set to Germany, but Spotify doesn't work and tells me im in the wrong country and i should change it. What can i do?

I recently moved from the Netherlands to Denmark and after a couple of weeks Spotify showed a message that I wasn't able to use Spotify anymore because the country I was in didn't match my profile country anymore. So I changed my profile setting from the Netherlands to Denmark, but I still can't use Spotify. Any ideas on what is going wrong here?

@jeroenb91 - Have you tried re-installing the app?

http://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify

Peter

I am now having the same problem, I recently recieved an invite after seeing a promotion on Facebook about "Classified is inviting Canadians to Spotify" I got an invite code, set it up and was loving Spotify. Now, I am getting the error of Spotify thinking I'm in the US, and it wont allow me to select Canada. If I could have mine reset, that would be awesome. My spotify username is langille.

Thank you.

@Langille - Weird, Spotify launched in Canada yesterday so you should no longer need an invite code. 

Does your IP address show up as Canada on this page?

http://www.maxmind.com/en/locate_my_ip

Peter

Hi, thank you for the quick reply. Yes, it shows that I am in Canada. I think what the problem is, for whatever reason in my account information, it says my country is "USA" I don't know which is easier, to sign up for a new account, or is it possible to get my country changed to Canada?

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Suggested posts