Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify unlimited ad-supported?

Solved!

Spotify unlimited ad-supported?

Hey,

I got this lovely supprise today suggesting that the spotify unlimited will now be ad-supported. Can someone confirm this one for me?

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can confirm that Unlimited is ad-free on the desktop everywhere.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello,

As far as I'm aware, Unlimited will remain advert free. However, that does look a little unclear. I'll try and get some clarification for you.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Indeed, there are absolutely no plans at all to introduce ads into the Unlimited service on the Desktop.

That does beg the question as to why the Premium service explicitly says "ad-free", while the Unlimited service doesn't.

In the US we're able to offer a mobile radio service to Spotify Free users. This isn't quite the same as the radio for Premium service that is offered in all markets. Mobile free radio is ad-supported, and isn't "on-demand" - you get a limited number of skips. Naturally, Mobile free radio is also available to Unlimited customers too. Thus, it's easy to argue that a part of the Unlimited service is actually ad-supported. So, it would be unfair to explicitly state that Unlimited is "ad-free".

I guess that this formulation of the Terms is presented everywhere, to leave room for the introduction of mobile free radio in other markets, should we be able to do this at a later stage.

Does this make any sense ?

It's nice to have an explination, I think that anyone who would read the Terms and Conditions of Use would also like to have this clarification.

So, can you clarify that the desktop experience for spotify unlimted is ad-free in all countries.

Marked as solution

I can confirm that Unlimited is ad-free on the desktop everywhere.

I just upgraded to premium but I am still hearing ads every few songs? When do those go away? Thx

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts