Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify web site unreachable since move. Is my IP address being blocked?

Spotify web site unreachable since move. Is my IP address being blocked?

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

My Question or Issue

It appears that I can't access the spotify.com web site since I moved to my new place a few months ago. Spotify otherwise works fine, but to get to the web site, I can only get it to work when I use a VPN or mobile connection, otherwise any attempt to connect just times out. I suspect that a previous user of this IP address may have been blocked by Spotify for whatever valid reason. There appears to be no way for me to change the address at my ISP. Where can I contact Spotify to get this IP block lifted? I looked for the appropriate way to contact them about this, but I don't seem to find it. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

4 Replies

Hey @cvankol, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Does Spotify work here using a different browser or private window?

Keep me posted 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not working in different browsers or on a different device using the same connection even. In the meantime I managed to at least contact Spotify about it. I'm waiting for their reply.

Here's some information I found about not being able to access certain websites:

1. Temporarily disable your antivirus program, then go to Spotify to see if it's your antivirus software. Make sure to re-enable the antivirus after you're done testing.
2. Check your computer's date and time settings. If your date or time is set incorrectly, you may not be able to connect to secure (https://) websites. Check your computer or mobile device's clock to make sure that it is set to the correct time and date.
3. Ensure that there are no parental controls enabled. If you have parental control software enabled, it may be blocking access to certain websites. If you have access to it, disable the parental control software and try accessing the website again. The process for this varies depending on the parental control program being used.
4. Ensure that JavaScript is enabled. If JavaScript has been disabled, you'll encounter difficulties loading a lot of popular sites. Check your browser settings to ensure that it is enabled.

Hey @cvankol,

Sounds good!
Spotify Customer Support should be able to help you further with this.

Have a nice day 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts