Started playing on its own, unknown "submissions"

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung 11, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify started playing on its own one morning. No pre set alarm or alexa connection. Nobody else has access to my account, and the people who might are my parents or my brother and they wouldn't listen to these things. Most notably some of the music played had a lot of use of the N-word. I'm not offended or anything like that, I understand artistic expression and cultural differences and assume it wasn't used with a hard R. But, the issue is when it randomly starts playing on my phone speakers early in the morning. When I got to work, I tried changing it to my music and it would just change itself back after a few seconds.

I assume it was a password breach, because I did the whole log off all devices thing and reset password and it seems to have solved it.

What i'm wondering is what all these "submissions" mean? They are all by Emails I don't know, and genres nobody I know would listen to.

spotifysupportcapture.PNG
1 Reply

Hi there @boofgetill,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Glad to hear that after resetting your password, your account is back to normal.

We'd also recommend resetting the password on your email or the service you use to log in just in case.

If you have a lot of unwanted content visible on your home page now, you can reach out to our support team here and explain what has happened. They should be able to set your listening history to a date before the takeover.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts