Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stolen Account?

Stolen Account?

1. I received emails saying my account had been logged in to in Brazil and Netherlands.  When I tried to log in to change my password I couldn’t.  Spotify said they had no account linked to my email after they just sent me an email saying someone logged in to my account in a different country.  I had a premium plan with lots of songs in my library. I used the same email to create an account to get on here to just ask questions.  What am I supposed to do?  I had a premium account for almost 3 years and now everything is gone.  Someone please help!
3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’m sorry to hear about this.

In this case, I’d recommend checking out this support article for the next steps to take. There is an option to get in touch with Customer Support on that support article if you need further help or if you lost anything.

To prevent this from happening in the future, there are many measures you can take to protect your account, such as resetting your password every few months, and not using passwords you have used on other sites. There is also a great guide here for some more measures on protecting your account.

If you see an email from Spotify, and can’t tell if it’s legit, use this checklist. Of course, Spotify makes sure that all user records and platforms are completely secure around the clock.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Honestly Billy-J that's extremely not helpful.

The support article offers no actionable advice. If the email has been changed, then the first suggestion to reset the password is worthless, as it sends an email to the hacker's email. They probably won't change it back for the person they stole it from. It also suggests signing out of the account that has been hacked but - shocker - can't do that. Ya know, because it's been hacked. 

If I sound irritated at all, let me clarify why that is. My account has also been hacked. Terrible feeling to go listen to your music to find out a) you can't; b) there is absolutely no human being to contact for resolving the issue; c) you are paying literal dollars of your money for a service no longer provided and STILL there is no one to contact for recourse. Spotify has created a loop to send users on with that arguably useless link you've provided, Billy-J, where users never quite find a page/form to submit in order to receive personalized assistance. 

I'm personally furious that a company this large is happy to take my money for years while I tell everyone and their mother that Spotify is the best music app just to find out that there is absolutely no appreciation or concern for me and it's users. Seriously, what are we supposed to do Billy-J? Don't insult us with another generated, stock response containing a link to that infuriating loop. Anything less than a direct link to contact a real human being who can guarantee a solution would outright cruel. Come on, Spotify. This is embarrassing. 

I feel you bro I got over 6,000 streams maybe more an it’s very hard to keep up with my work that I’ve took my time an dedication to create then put it on a Spotify an for it to be taken by sum random individual that’s not who they say they are. I have 3accounts for the reason every time I’m getting streams some one is coming up with something that makes them take my accounts I WANT MY MUSIC BACK AN ALL MY ACCOUNTS that’s illegal as **bleep** 

Suggested posts