Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount removed, overcharged, still student... refund?

Solved!

Student discount removed, overcharged, still student... refund?

Hey all,

So, I am a student, and have been receiving my student discount for some time.  I have not changed any payment or account info, when suddenly, I realized Spotify has been charging me full price for te past three months.  What gives Spotify?  The error is Spotifies favor, and it is an error.  I had to go back in my account and re-register as a student.  Can I get a refund for being overcharged for those three months, because it is Spotifies error, not mine.  Anybody have any ideas, thoughts, advice, concerns???

Cheers,

-J

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @jade76 and welcome to the community!

The student discount requires you to re-register as a student after 12 months to ensure that you are still a student. 

See below:

Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the “Discounted Month”) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

Here's a link to the terms - https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/student-discount-terms-and-conditions/. Keep in mind that this is pulling terms from the USA, but the promo is very similar, if not the same, in all qualifying countries. 

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @jade76 and welcome to the community!

The student discount requires you to re-register as a student after 12 months to ensure that you are still a student. 

See below:

Qualifying Students are entitled to receive a discount of fifty (50) percent on the monthly subscription price of the Spotify Premium Service (as defined in the Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use) for each month (the “Discounted Month”) up to a period of twelve (12) consecutive months ("Discount Period").

Here's a link to the terms - https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/student-discount-terms-and-conditions/. Keep in mind that this is pulling terms from the USA, but the promo is very similar, if not the same, in all qualifying countries. 

Hope that helps!

@kbrooksc  Thanks for the congenialty and reply!   It appears the devil is in the details...

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

-J

Sorry the answer wasn't what you're hoping for, but I'm glad we could nail it down for you. 

I had this same issue.

Spotify please correct and refund error.

Thanks

I have the same problem. Even though I am still a student, I was charged the full price for the last 7 months. Can I please get a refund? I can also send your the proof if necessary. Best, Daniel

I to have the same error.

Is there a way to refund the months that I have not been recieving the discount? 

Thank you, 

Neal King 

Suggested posts