Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription expired, when renewed offline tracks needed resync

Subscription expired, when renewed offline tracks needed resync

I noticed today that my subscription had expired, after renewing it I realized there was no option to select a yearly subscription again. I'd like to switch to a yearly premium subscription so I dont have to worry about it on a monthly basis. Is this possible anymore?

When i renewed my subscription for the 1 month period my mobile offline playlists and tracks were no longer synced to my phone. A real pain in the ass considering the internet speeds in Australia & the quantity of songs i actually have.

This has made me really think about canceling the service all together....

What are my options here? Obviously the re-syncing is a bug.

Edit:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Annual-Subscription-is-it-possible/t... shows people having the option on the side and some dont, I've never used a gift card and have an attached payment method but no option.

Edit - Interesting, after visiting : https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/ the option appeared, i noticed this then redirects to: https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/ when initially hitting the url of "https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/" no option appeared.

Edit - My frustration continues, I've some previously synced songs that were on my mobile (iOS) now completely greyed out and not syncable. Other sondgs in the playlist seem to sync fine, just the select few. EXTREMELY annoying and a very poor user experience. Being a developer in the industry for many years I can safely say that.

10 Replies

For the grayed out songs, are they local files. For me, i
I had an instance where the local ones did that.

Hey Tom,

After starting that 1-month subscription you should then be able to see the 12-month option on your subscription page. Did everything then go through as you expected it to?

In terms of syncing, if a subscription expires, any synced playlists will automatically become de-synced. With recurring subscriptions we'll automatically try to take a payment for several days to try and keep a Premium subscription running.

Having looked at your account, as @FPSEdward said, it seems the tracks that you're not able to sync are probably local files. Make sure the device you're syncing to is showing under Devices and that you're following the syncing steps here.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hi Adam,

I think the process of not being able to select your subscription length when purchasing Spotify is a bit of a flaw. I shouldn't have to sign up for a month and then change the subscription to a year and wait a whole month to be charged again (i'll more than likely forget about it). This may of been caused just by the steps i went through, the original card on my account had no funds in it, i then removed the card and added a new one and went through the checkout process to purchase the premium status again and found no subscription length.

I don't think anything should be unsynced, I re-subscribed hours later to the same premium status with everything lost. Far enough that nothing is accessible during that period but having to re-sync everything is a real pain in the arse considering the stability & speeds of internet in Australia & where I live.

The files aren't local (I'm 100% certain they never did and currently don't), they didn't exist on my computer or mobile locally/itunes etc... They were added either by the client on my computers & even a few on my mobile via searching on Spotify. Is there the posibility that these entries could of been removed? I've noticed a fair few songs play on the web player, computer client but not on mobile even though I've got a premium subscription.

A person doesn't want to have to jump through hoops to use a service, it should be straight forward and simple to use even for the most basic user.

I just found that connecting to my works Wifi this morning a lot of those previously geyed out tracks are syncing automaticlly now. Temporary issue?

I'm still curious as to why some songs are accessible on the web player, computer clients but not mobile.

Just had the same issue again, after I initially reviewed and posted here saying It only renewed for a month. There was no yearly subscription anywhere.

Even on the https://www.spotify.com/au/account/subscription/

and: https://www.spotify.com/au/get-spotify/go/premium/ only shows monthly.

I don't want to repeat the same darn process over and over, i transfer money into the debit card account as i need it so I don't have to remember on a monthly basis. Why is there no yearly subscription available to me? Extremely frustrating.....

I shouldnt have to buy a month and then remember a month on to transfer x amount fo the yearly to kick in. Terrible user experience. -.-

From looking at our system I can see that your payment attempts have been unsuccessful, which is the reason why you were unable to convert to a yearly subscription and your account has now reverted back to the free service.

Could you double check that your card meets the following requirements and give subscribing another go. Keep us updated with how you get on.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Yes that's correct, but what i was getting at is the poor user experience of not being able to select a yearly subscription going from free (although I was previously premium).

See my issue here has been, I've been forced into the monthly and then selected a yearly subscription to kick in after that month. Completely forgotten about it as you do and not transfered money into the account that the card is attached to.

SO....

What I want is a yearly subscription straight from the get go, then I don't need to worry about anything for an entire year and I don't need to waste my time coming here and complaining.

I believe the only method of doing this is to purchase the monthly, cancel it and then select yearly all straight after each other. But now i'm running into this problem: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Can-t-upgrade-to-premium/td-p/527516

It's doing my head in, and I've reached a point of throwing it all away and telling all my friends about my poor user experience. (Not to be up myself but I know web, i'm a dev and based on the amount of duplicate threads it's been an issue for a long time).

@TomTheBomb - You could always buy yourself a 1 year Premium eCard and redeem it against your own account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter,

That's the only properly solution i've been given so far, I tried the whole subscribe for a month and cancel it and then try re-subscribing. But I'm only ever given the yearly subscription option once I'm subscribed (and it won't charge me for another month, by then i've forgotten).

Now I'm good to go for another 1 year & 1 month. This topic should remain open as it's now a feature request, and by the looks of it a much asked for one.

Thanks Peter,

That's the only properly solution i've been given so far, I tried the whole subscribe for a month and cancel it and then try re-subscribing. But I'm only ever given the yearly subscription option once I'm subscribed (and it won't charge me for another month, by then i've forgotten).

Now I'm good to go for another 1 year & 1 month. This topic should remain open as it's now a feature request, and by the looks of it a much asked for one.

Suggested posts