Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Time Limit

Solved!

Time Limit

So I've been using Spotify free for a good few years now and never had a problem, but since around November my 10 hour time limit has been playing up.  I'll be using it for about and hour then all of a sudden it's in the red saying I've only got an hour left, I use up my hour sign out then go back in a few days and it's gone, listen for another hour and it's in the red again.

It's really hard to explain but if someone could help that would be great :3

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi b0nlickatr0n - Welcome to the Community. 

Your 10 hours per month are divided into 2.5 hours per week. Those limits reset each week, although which day it resets depends on when your account was created.

We explain this a bit more in the FAQ

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi b0nlickatr0n - Welcome to the Community. 

Your 10 hours per month are divided into 2.5 hours per week. Those limits reset each week, although which day it resets depends on when your account was created.

We explain this a bit more in the FAQ

@b0nlickatr0n wrote:

So I've been using Spotify free for a good few years now and never had a problem, but since around November my 10 hour time limit has been playing up.  I'll be using it for about and hour then all of a sudden it's in the red saying I've only got an hour left, I use up my hour sign out then go back in a few days and it's gone, listen for another hour and it's in the red again.

It's really hard to explain but if someone could help that would be great :3

It's actually 2.5 hours a week 🙂

So how come it doesn't happen to anyone else around me that uses it and just me?

@b0nlickatr0n wrote:

So how come it doesn't happen to anyone else around me that uses it and just me?

Those extra restrictions only apply to your account once it has been registered for 6 months. There are more details in the FAQ that Meredith linked to above 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

But why did they introduce that time limit? I cant afford to pay for spotify without ads, and surely if I am prepared to live with the ads, I should be able to listen to the music whenever. No? But why not?

@Tumatarua wrote:

But why did they introduce that time limit? I cant afford to pay for spotify without ads, and surely if I am prepared to live with the ads, I should be able to listen to the music whenever. No? But why not?

Unfortunately, those restrictions are governed by the licensing deals Spotify have with record labels. Although the community staff have stated on many occassions that it is never something Spotify wanted to introduce or to have, and the team are always working to remove restrictions. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It happens for me all the time too, my brother listens to spotify music 24/7 without paying a nickle but i can only listen for some hours a day and i'm out of time

The time limit only kicks in after 6 months unless you are in the USA where there is no time limit.

Suggested posts