Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Trial - Card Declined

Trial - Card Declined

Every time I try to put my CC info in for the trial is comes back as declined. I know the card works and have used it online many times. My profile country matches that of the card (USA) although spotify doesnt seem to want to save my zip code (or comes back as invalid although it is't).

Not sure what else to do. Please help.

12 Replies

Hey!

You might want to try using a different browser - Google Chrome, Safari, so on. This might allow the card to be accepted.
Airhorn Enthusiast

DLed Chrome and tried and still no luck.

Hmm - Is your card enabled for international transactions?
Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm not sure. How would I go about doing that?

Generally if you've paid for anything coming from abroad before - Something from Europe for example - Then it would have been enabled. But generally a quick chat with your bank should confirm this.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Also what bank do you use? For example Nordea Suomi (Nordea Finland) decline Spotify payments as security thing. Spotify does not use Internet payment type. Nordea do not accept other payment type than "Internet" when purchasing something in Internet.

I use TD Bank in the US. I am on the phone with them now to figure it out.

I have TD as well and it keeps declining me... did you ever figure out how to fix the problem?

TD (and probabaly other banks as well) will not accept authorizations for less then $1. So until Spotify changes their authorization no one using TD Bank cards will be able to use the trial.

thanks! spotify should get on that though. for such a well known program i would have thought problems like that would be fixed immediately.

Had the same problem with TD and they told me it's actually showing up as $0.01, NOT $0.00.  They said if it were really $0 it would work but anything from $0.01-$0.99 will not go through.  Very unfortunate and misleading on Spotify's part for charging a penny, whether or not it's reimbursed afterwards.

It's actually quite a common way for companies to authorize cards (over here at least in the UK)
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts