Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy S9

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I was listening to a playlist and noticed that the songs were fading into each other and thought that it was just two songs in one or that they were from the same album. After checking I noticed that it was indeed fading into the next songs seconds into it. I thought it was just some setting I could change from the settings window and I did find a option called crossfade but it was turned off. I did some research and found out that some playlist have the setting embeded into it. So I was wondering how to turn it off. This is the playlist I'm trying to listen to. https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZF1DXc8kgYqQLMfH?si=Bx6pZyZwT2SzstLb8VG5XA

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Entember ,

Welcome to the Community!

This crossfade option belongs to this specific playlist. Some playlists feature special cross-fading/mixing done by Spotify or artists.

If you'd like to use your own cross-fade preferences, I recommend creating a new playlist and dragging all songs from the original playlist to your new playlist. That should help.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Entember ,

Welcome to the Community!

This crossfade option belongs to this specific playlist. Some playlists feature special cross-fading/mixing done by Spotify or artists.

If you'd like to use your own cross-fade preferences, I recommend creating a new playlist and dragging all songs from the original playlist to your new playlist. That should help.

Thanks 🙂

I was thinking this is what I'm going to have to do but was hoping there was an option you could just switch off. Thanks for your answer.

Suggested posts