Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Two-Factor-Authentication

Two-Factor-Authentication

I use Spotify on a Huawei phone (running on Android 10/EMUI 10.0.0) as well as on a MacBook Pro 2017 (on Catalina 10.15.6). 

A few days ago, I received an email about a new login to my Spotify account coming from the USA, whereas I am situated in Europe. I went through all the procedure – forced a logout on all devices, went through the list of connected apps, changed my password, changed my facebook password, changed my email password. 

Today, I received an email on a secondary email account about a new login to a Spotify account connected to that email address. I wasn't even aware that email address was linked to Spotify, and had to go through the whole process again (logged out of Spotify account, deleted that Spotify account and changed passwords on all websites that use the same username and/or password). 

Having to do this once is already a pain, but then twice within one week is just too much. I also did a quick search on twitter for the words "spotify hacked" and every couple of hours people are complaining about their accounts getting hacked. This is a very common problem, obviously. 

Why is there still no option for a two-factor-authentication on Spotify? It was first suggested back in 2015 and it's still not a thing FIVE YEARS later. If I receive one more email about any of this, I will seriously delete my Spotify Premium account because this is extremely frustrating. 

Before anyone suggests I vote for this, I already have. Please just make a thing already, Spotify's security is absolutely horrendous. 

screenshot.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 19.58.44.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-17 at 19.59.08.png
1 Reply

Hey, @bonjourmarlene 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Thank you for sharing your situation and for your feedback. Spotify really appreciates your comments and your ideas. Since you've already found the idea that regards this feature, the best to do now is sharing this with your friends and other people who have the same suggestion in mind. 

Any news regarding user-facing security updates will be posted to this thread as a status change or on Spotify Newsroom.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts