NEXT STEP

Unable to update payment information

Unable to update payment information

Plan

Premium Family

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

The credit card that's currently attached to my account is going to be cancelled soon, however I can't update with a new one.  I've tried multiple different times with different cards.  The card I will be using are not under the same name as the primary account holder, but there's no way to change that information, could that be the issue?  Original card was a MasterCard, new one is Amex

3 Replies

Hi there @supertoast00,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

You can follow the instructions given here to upload your payment method.

However, if you're having any issues doing so, please follow the steps provided on this troubleshooting page.

In addition, i would like you to mention the type or error message/number you're getting while doing it.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hello, yes I tried all the steps on the troubleshooting page. The error it's giving me is "Something went wrong, try again or get help."

Like I said, there isn't anywhere for me to input the name on the card, and I can verify that the cards I've tried are valid.

Hi @supertoast00,

thanks for taking the steps i suggested !

Please view the available payment methods for you in this page.

Bear in mind that in order to subscribe you should provide a valid method that was also issued in the same country you're creating the account at.

Please use a PC or MAC for the payment process using a different browser / incognito web page to see if there's a change.

Usually, the "Something went wrong" error message is presented when the method isn't valid or doesn't meet the requirements. 

Another option can be due to a user trying to redeem a special offer which is isn't eligible for.

Hope this helps.

Keep me posted 🙂

Suggested posts