Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to upgrade to Spotify Premium (on new account)

Solved!

Unable to upgrade to Spotify Premium (on new account)

Good day,

Here's the situation:

I had another spotify account with which I tried Spotify premium freely for a month. I used my PayPal account to start the free trial. Now I want to upgrade to premium using another Spotify account (the one I'm using right now).

The problem is:

When I click the button to confirm the payment via PayPal I simply get redirected to the webpage where I'm supposed to choose the payment method. I don't get any messages nor do I get any new transactions showing up on my PayPal account.

I suppose the problem is due to the fact that I already did a free trial and for that reason my PayPal account cannot be used again to get a free trial. The thing is that I don't get any option to start the subscription immediately (without the getting the free trial).

Also I think it's worth adding that I live in Belgium and I can only use Maestro to pay (That is the reason why I'm using PayPal, the latter is direcly linked to my bank account). I've also noticed that I didn't recieve a confirmation e-mail when I created my new Spotify account and I'm 100% sure that it is a valid e-mail adress.

I appreciate any help that you can provide,

Henrik

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If that doesn't work and/or you don't want to try the cumbersome workaround, I would probably just go ahead and contact Spotify Support directly. Maybe they can merge your accounts or something. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi Henrik, 

I know it's not an ideal solution, but other users have had success by creating a new paypal account. Maybe you can try that? Other users have also had success by starting with a credit card and then switching the payment method to paypal. I hope one of these options works for you. 

Here is a link you might find useful: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Can-t-get-Spotify-Premium-with-PayPal/m-...

Hi mollybeee,

Thanks for anwswering so quickly!

Unfortunately, I cannot use the same bank account on two different PayPal account.

Regarding the second option, in Belgium, students mainly use Maestro debit cards and these are not accepted as a payment method by Spotify... No luck with that...

I've looked at the topic you linked, they suggested to make another PayPal account and to add money to it using the wallet system. It doesn't look very practical to me but I'll do it if there's no other solutions.

Any other advice?

Marked as solution

If that doesn't work and/or you don't want to try the cumbersome workaround, I would probably just go ahead and contact Spotify Support directly. Maybe they can merge your accounts or something. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Alright, I reached out to the Spotify support. Thanks for helping me!

Suggested posts