Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When ppl listen to my collab playlist, the name doesnt show up in my friends feed

When ppl listen to my collab playlist, the name doesnt show up in my friends feed

SO I have a collab playlist that all my friends and I share. When I go on spotify and look at my friends feed, and I know my friends are listening to the playlist, the name does not show up, just the name of the song that is playing. The actual name of the playlist does not show up when others are listening to it, just the name of the song. Also, when people go to look at my profile to find the playlist, it is not there. They go on my physical account and search through all my playlists but cannot find this collaborative one. This has happned w another callaborative playlist as well. I have premium, which should not be a problem but, I need this figured out I want people to know that others are listening to my playlist and I want them to be able to find it! 

2 Replies

Hey @lindseyybarnes

It's odd that this happens. Is the same occurring from different devices? You could try creating a new playlist with the same songs and see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted.

Only people that have been invited to colaborate (or that you've shared the list with) can see (and collaborate on) the playlist.  Once you have it "final", turn off the colaborative playlist feature and make sure it's a public playlist and it will show up. 

The reason they don't allow collaborative playlists to be public is it would allow anyone to add/delete songs and ruin the "integrity" of your playlist (if that makes sense). 

Suggested posts