Free

Country

Singapore

Device

Samsung Note 9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

When I enter the app on my mobile, I am unable to view it. It will have a mini pop-up window of "Something went wrong. Have another go? Try Again". I have reinstalled the app but the issue is still present. I used the desktop app to try to access, but my profile picture does not pop up which makes me suspect that something is wrong with my profile.

Please send help 😞

9 Replies

Hey, @user-removed 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, just to make sure if it is an account-related issue, as you suppose, could you try to log in on your Spotify app (mobile) using another account? In the meanwhile, after trying it, I suggest that you try to perform a clean reinstallation of the app on your device in order to correct possible cache issue your phone may be presenting. 

After trying both suggestions, let me know how it goes. Keep me up-to-date! 

Kind regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

heyy @hezorg,
I tried your suggestions with the clean reinstallation but the issue and the same text was still present. My brother was unable to search my username in his spotify as well. He was able to view his profile on my phone...so I really think its an account issue :(((

Hi,

I would try logging on with a computer and see if that works. Sometimes the mobile app doesn’t work well for certain things. Hope this helps! 🙂

Hey again, @user-removed 

Sorry for the big delay... Since it seems to be a peculiar case, we need to get some more pieces of information, so I hope you can help us with it. 

Is it coming up also after a restart of the phone and with different internet connections? It would be helpful if you could send us screenshots of the error message and how their profile is displayed on the desktop, as suggested by @jennypallister. Just make sure you cannot share confidential or sensitive information on the screenshots. 

Also, as to the profile pic not showing up - if the account was created via Facebook and you've disabled the option to process your data from Facebook, that could lead to such behavior. So, it would be a good idea if you double-check it on your account page under Privacy settings and see if that makes a difference. 

Keep us posted!

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi again,

So basically with the phone, there are two screenshots that still states the error, even after restarting. One uses an WiFi connection and the other is with Data Usage, both of them states the same error. The puzzling part is I think, when using the app on the laptop/computer, I am able to view my profile. What troubles me is that, I am able to view on my laptop but not on my phone. Also, when other people try to search my username, my acc does not pop up. I was planning to upgrade to premium soon, but I was worried about this error.

On the side note, I registered with my own email and NOT with Facebook, so I don't think that's issue here. I really hope you guys or a Spotify admin could provide some solutions. Thank you guys so far with the help.

Spotify with Wifi.jpg
Spotify with Data.jpg
Spotfiy on Desktop app.jpg

Hey again, @user-removed 

Thank you for your patience and the information you provided...

I suggest that you contact the Customer Support team to get help with it. Just go on there and choose the best channel for you and explain your issue or doubt. Someone will help you as soon as possible.

The Customer Support team usually replies within 24-48 hours by email.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

I hope our folks can help you with it. 🙂

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hey again, @user-removed 

I'm here just to bring you a last-minute information that I think would be informative and useful to you. Talking to some mods, we arrived at the conclusion that the issue you're facing is probably because of the fact your username includes a non-standard, non-Unicode character: ø

On computers, it can be handled easily or just replaced with another equivalent character however, on phones it doesn't work in the same way. So, we're pretty sure that's what's causing your phone to be unable to load your profile.

If you've already talked to someone on Customer Support, maybe they can confirm it. Anyway, let us know if you have any questions about it. 

Kind Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hey again,

I contacted Customer Support and it was a problem then never came across before. They managed to troubleshoot it and helped me create a new account and transfer my playlists and stuff to the new account. So best case scenario was to contact them and ask for direct assistance and provide information, pictures and videos of the issue you're facing. Thanks for your effort and help.

It sounds great, @bleedingrozes 

Happy to know that you could solve the issue.

And remember that you can count on us, always, when necessary!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts