Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unlink Facebook

Solved!

Unlink Facebook

How do I unlink spotify from my facebook accout. I keep trying to delete my facebook page but everytime I log into spotify it reactivates it.

236 Replies

Thanks, Peter.  I've just replied to that email, hope this works.

Firstly i can't believe spotify would make it this contourted to perform a simple task such as unlinking your PAID app from a website, you should be ashamed.

For those that want to abandon facebook but still use spotify, I set a device username/password and then deactivated my facebook account which worked for me.

Sort it out spotify, stop being stupid.

Meredith wrote:

jenerallee wrote:

Immediately terminate my account's requirement for Facebook.

I will not be forced to use Facebook.

Hi jeneralle- I believe there's a bit of confusion here. As you joined Spotify before our integration with Facebook, your account doesn't require a Facebook connection. 

All you need to do is log in with your 'jenerallee' username and Spotify password. If you need to reset that account password in order to sign in, just head to this section of our website.

Of course users that joined after the intergration will still need active Facebooks to use Spotify. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. 

I think that jenerallee's post is not a confusion. I also dislike spotify's terms that when we link our accounts to facebook, we cannot unlink it anymore. I mean, how would you use spotify if you don't want anyone to see your profile specifically in facebook right? I think that you should consider the user's safety in this. I admit that we users, also have mistake regarding this matter. But atleast try to reconsider our appeal. 

Thank you in advance if you replied on my post. I'll see if you've done any improvements on this issue.

Hi,

I want to unlink my account from my Facebook account. 

I signed up for Spotify after an absence but I was forced to reactivate my Facebook account because my email was the same.

Now I have a Facebook account I don't use. Can you help or tell me what to do?

@daviddoyle6 

I suggest you contact support so they can help:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I need some help. I signed up through Facebook. I'm now deactivating Facebook but can't figure out how cancel my service from spotify. Any help?

@tigerjay18 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

My Spotify account got linked to the wronf facebook account. I've looked at all the postings about how to undo it for Macs but I dont can't find prefernces anywhere.

@omicronianpickl 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hi there. I originally signed up to Spotify as a FB user. I would like to subscribe to Spotify Premium however I want it decoupled from my FB account as I want to suspend it.

Does this mean I have no way of subscribing to Spotify Premium without either a) an active FB account or b) getting a second email address just for Spotify?

@JarrodL 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have now spotify premium with my facebook account, but I want to disconnect and delete my facebook and I want to use spotify with my e-mail adress now. How is this possible?

Marked as solution

@daniel0_0937821 

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Guys,

I just wanted to mention that yesterday I have contacted Spotify Customer Support and within 2 hours or less my old account has been deleted, all my music has been moved to new account without losing any premium time. Paul from the support team did an excellent job (and had an awesome attitude!) and I am overall very satisfied about the quality of customer support.

If you people have any issues with unlinking your Spotify from facebook just follow the instructions here and you gonna get all you need.

Yes I was going to add the same.

They are the most helpful online team I've used. Better than Amazon.

I am now a Spotify Premium member too. 🙂

Help....don't use my Facebook account anymore but can't remember log in details as always logged in via Facebook tried contacting spotify service centre on the above link but it goes straight back to my old facebook account...In short I want to be able to log into my spotify premium account without using Facebook can any one help cheers

@Bison17 

Try this contact form:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hola!

Tengo una cuenta premium vinculada a facebook, pero quiero desvincularla y poder ingresar sin tener que  depender de facebook. Agradezco me indiquen como puedo hacerlo.

@Icarima 

Le sugiero que en contacto con soporte para que puedan ayudarle a:

Si recibe un correo electrónico de respuesta automática, debe responder de nuevo a la dirección de correo electrónico.

Soporte intenta responder en el plazo de 24-48 horas

MattSudaSpotify Star

Im trying to disconnect my Spotify from my Facebook - so that I can deactive my Facebook account for an unforseen amount of time - but I do not want to lose my spotify playlists that I worked so hard to compile. Since I signed up with Spotify through Facebook initially - I'm not seeing anyone saying this is possible unless I start an all new account and I want to avoid this. Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Suggested posts