Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Update Credit Card Information

Update Credit Card Information

I forgot to notify Spotify with my new credit card information.  Is there a number I can call so that the charge doesn't go thru before  midnight?  I've updated with the new information in the system.

19 Replies

@missjenn33 wrote:

I forgot to notify Spotify with my new credit card information.  Is there a number I can call so that the charge doesn't go thru before  midnight?  I've updated with the new information in the system.

It is all online and automatic.

If you updated the card details, then these will be used.

Let me break it down for you.  I know that already and I have already done that but I placed a hold on this account and Bank of America has already put this charge thru and will charge me fees if Spotify does not cancel on the old account and update with the new information.  Does that make sense to you?

@missjenn33 wrote:

Let me break it down for you.  I know that already and I have already done that but I placed a hold on this account and Bank of America has already put this charge thru and will charge me fees if Spotify does not cancel on the old account and update with the new information.  Does that make sense to you?

So you have already been charged on the old card?

You would have to use the Support Form to ask them to cancel the payment, they may take a while to reply though.

"So you have already been charged on the old card?

You would have to use the Support Form to ask them to cancel the payment, they may take a while to reply though"

Wow"  I think I said that twice!  What does that mean take awhile?  I am not even going to ask and it sounds like this has happended before and I will be charged with fees.

Best..

--

@missjenn33 wrote:

Nope I am having none of these issues:

I am acctually listening to Spotify right now.

You need to login to the website, look at the header.

Liam - 

Listen very carefully.  The charges on the old card are in "processing"  on BOA and if they are not removed by midnight tonight than I will be charged fees.  I have already gone to Spotify and updated with my new cc.  I need human intervention! 🙂

@missjenn33 wrote:

Nope I am having none of these issues:

I am acctually listening to Spotify right now.

You need to login to your account on that page that Liam linked to access the contact form that you can use to send a message to the payments team.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@missjenn33 wrote:

Liam - 

Listen very carefully.  The charges on the old card are in "processing"  on BOA and if they are not removed by midnight tonight than I will be charged fees.  I have already gone to Spotify and updated with my new cc.  I need human intervention! 🙂

It looks like you should be prepared to pay fees, as the reply time for tickets is about 24-48hrs and I don't actually know if any staff are in the office on Sundays 😞

Liam - 

Thank you for finally getting the message! 🙂

Let this be a lesson learned for everyone if you make any changes to your account and forget to make an update and the charges are in "processing," and you can not contact a human being just be prepared to pay! 🙂

I assume you ended up paying?

Hello: I pay using auto pay each month in order to maintain my Spotify membership. I need to change my Visa card number so there's no risk of losing my Spotify membership. Please let me know where/how I can enter the new information. 

Thanks!

Thomas Murphy

@T_M wrote:

Hello: I pay using auto pay each month in order to maintain my Spotify membership. I need to change my Visa card number so there's no risk of losing my Spotify membership. Please let me know where/how I can enter the new information. 

Thanks!

Thomas Murphy

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You can do that from your change payment page on your online account. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@LiamW wrote:

@missjenn33 wrote:

Liam - 

It looks like you should be prepared to pay fees, as the reply time for tickets is about 24-48hrs and I don't actually know if any staff are in the office on Sundays 😞

They are!

Olga answered to my feedback in hour I sended today using Spotify contact form!!!

There is nothing on the change payment page that lets me change the NUMBER of my Visa card. i do not want to pay with Facebook. I want to change the number of my Visa card. Please get back to me on this. I do not think that my bank will automatically let auto pays go through with the new card number: they might, but let me know if there is a way to do this online. And thanks so much for replying. I'm at [snip - email - mod].

Thomas M

T_M - Looks like you've changed your card in the last few days. That new card will be the one that we take payment from, so you should be fine.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks!

Thomas Murphy

I'm trying to update my credit card information and when I click on "Update", the page seems to refresh but I'm not actually able to enter in the new information (the same page seems to reload). 

-Michelle

Suggested posts