Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Updating

Updating

My account on Spotify will not update to the latest version but my friend’s will, and it’s not my phone because I can login to hers and it’s updated but my account is not. What do I do to update it?

10 Replies

Hey @ejsilvia, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what we can suggest!

LukeSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For someone with the same issue (friends have the update, I dont, just did a clean reinstall with no results), would I be able to get help with this too? Im really excited about the new update, and dissapointed it hasnt got to me yet.

Im running version 8.4.52.796 on IOS.

Hey @XdefeatistX,

Could you please send me a screenshot of what the new things your friends got in the Spotify App and you don’t 🙂

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Thank you for the help! The first screenshot is mine with the old layout still, and the second is a friend of mine with the new update. As stated earlier, I’m using IOS 11.3.1 on IPhone X, and I’m using Spotify version 8.4.52.796

124ACDD4-42F1-479E-93C2-1102E7E89FD0.png
9359F328-0A13-48CD-AC7C-690FC16C1649.png

One more group of screenshots. First is from another friends home screen, second one is my home screen

7635AEC4-C04F-41CF-B816-65974955E7E8.png
8CE049E9-29C5-4793-A239-5B3FE1CC708E.png

Hey again @XdefeatistX,

Thanks for the screenshots! Spotify are always testing things in order to improve the
app. There's more info here about why you're seeing something different to your freind.

Have a nice day!

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Are there any spotify employees?????

I had actual hope that y’all would be able to help me out. Thanks for burning that down to the ground...

Small tip for the “helpers” here. If you already know there’s no fix, don’t lead people on into thinking you’re helping them.

I was responding to “lk” and the answer I got, who led me on that they were doing something To help me by sending screenshots for two days.

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

You mentioned Spotify Support. Don't worry, it is possible to contact them one of the below ways if you still have questions:

Email: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares

Thanks,

LK608

LukeSpotify Star

Suggested posts