Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Upgrading from Premium to Family- Question..

Solved!

Upgrading from Premium to Family- Question..

Hi,

I have a premium subscription through a gift card. I want to upgrade the plan to a family subscription.

If upgrade today will it just burn through the gift voucher at a faster rate or will i lose the gift voucher and start being billed by CC instantly?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @wilkoitfc

just to get back to you on our question, i have spoken with a spotify staff member and they have explained how this works, hopefully i can clarify this for you 🙂

To sign up for Spotify family:

1. Head to: https://www.spotify.com/family/ and click on UPGRADE to Spotify Family.
  2. Choose the deal you like and update your payment details. Then, click START MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

Note: The system will convert your remaining subscription time depending on the deal you choose (from 2 to 5 family members). Then, you'll be billed monthly after this period.

I hope this helped 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @wilkoitfc, Welcome to the community! 🙂

You'll be able to keep your remaining days for sure. Spotify definitely makes sure no time goes to waste. 🙂

I escalated your question to the team and I'll respond back with exactly how everything will be billed and when it will be billed 🙂

I suggest just hang in their until we get a certain reply from the Spotify Staff, which should be soon 🙂

Marked as solution

Hello @wilkoitfc

just to get back to you on our question, i have spoken with a spotify staff member and they have explained how this works, hopefully i can clarify this for you 🙂

To sign up for Spotify family:

1. Head to: https://www.spotify.com/family/ and click on UPGRADE to Spotify Family.
  2. Choose the deal you like and update your payment details. Then, click START MY SPOTIFY PREMIUM.

Note: The system will convert your remaining subscription time depending on the deal you choose (from 2 to 5 family members). Then, you'll be billed monthly after this period.

I hope this helped 🙂

I have am existing premium account that just renewed for another month. If i upgrade to family for one member, will I be billed an additonal 14.99 on top of my existing 9.99 charge? Or will i just see a 4.99 additional charge on my credit card statement? Wasnt clear since during the upgrade process they ask you for a completely new credit card number.  Cant they just use my existing credit card? Seems like if I proceed I will get double charged...help

Hello @dawn1, Welcome to the community! 🙂

When you sign up for a Family Subscription you are charged full for the main user and 50% for every extra user added 🙂

If you register a Family account you wont be double billed and the premium you purchased will be evenly split between all the members of the Family plan 🙂

So if its you and one other person you'll be billed 14.99 🙂

I hope this helped! 🙂

Can the upgrade from Premium to Family be done imside the App for iPhone?

So how much is it for 3?  Do I still get s 50% discount paying w Capital One card?

Suggested posts