Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Upgrading spotify from abroad

Upgrading spotify from abroad

I have an English spotify account which has been upgraded for a while, but which was recently reduced to a free account as payment for the subscription didn't go through. I am currently abroad and the service tells me to upgrade my subscription for unlimited travel, but won't actually let me do so as when I try to upgrade I get redirected to a page saying Spotify isn't available in my country. Is there any way to upgrade a subscription from another country?

5 Replies

Hey there! Welcome to the community!

Have you tried upgrading on this page? You may have to use a proxy or VPN to look like you're in the country your account was created in. What country is the account connected to and what country are you currently in?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yes, that is the page I used. The account is from England and I'm currently in Nepal. I'll try to use a VPN and see if that works.

@IrisL wrote:

Yes, that is the page I used. The account is from England and I'm currently in Nepal. I'll try to use a VPN and see if that works.

Any update? If you need a free proxy, look here.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

The VPN worked. 🙂 I have Spotify again! Thanks for the advice.

@IrisL wrote:

The VPN worked. 🙂 I have Spotify again! Thanks for the advice.

No problem! Glad it worked! 🙂

Suggested posts