Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Use Spotify without a credit card

Solved!

Use Spotify without a credit card

Hey,

I love Spotify and first I want to buy an unlimited account. There's enough money on my PayPal Account, but I cannot choose the option to pay with my money on account.

Sorry, but it's counterproductive to offer no possibility to pay WITHOUT a credit card. Not everyone has a credit card. So, please enable the option to pay with my credit on PayPal.

Best wishes from Austria!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

When redeeming you should have the option of choosing to use it as Premium/Unlimited/downloads. If you're already on a subscription though, you'll just get the option to extend your current subscription (if I recall correctly).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

25 Replies

In sweden you can buy premium and pay with Klarna mobil, but I believe that using common invoice system is very expensive for Spotify.

However, in some countries, Sweden, England and US you can buy gift cards. 

Yes, but not in Austria. And why it's expensive, when Spotify using PayPal's service to pay with credit?!

same problem, no credit card, enough paypal credit - still need a creditcard for paypal Smiley LOL

In Finland you can buy gift cards from R-Kioski (Music bundles, Unlimited and Premium) and from TeliaSonera Oyj [Sonera] (Only Premium and even if you do not have Facebook).

But i am from the Atlantis, and now? 😄

The most online shops have more payment options than spotify and as an international provider it should be be a standard to offer the most common payment options.

I for myself organized a creditcard now but not all people can do this.

Hi,

is there no solution???
I also want to buy a premium account, made especially for this a paypal account, but its still NOT possible to buy the premium account and I also can't buy an e-card! That's incredible...
I'm from Switzerland... please give me a possibility to continue 

Haha... I read in another post, the credit card is only used for the verification of the country...

now I asked a friend for his CC, he don't need it, it's a debit-card that also should be accepted... but because he don't need it, it is not charged... 
and... WOOHOO... it is NOT accepted by Spotify... I used it in combination with my CHARGED PayPal Account...
so Spotify don't need the CC only for the verification of your location...

what a mess around... they don't want our money... WHAT ELSE? 

You need to credit card at least one cent. Spotify try to charging 1 cent and then refund this 1 cent and then your country is verified. You need to transfer to this card for example 5 cnt. Remember, some banks does not transfer money like 5 cent, you need to try. Maybe 15-50 cnt works like a charm.

Then, when your country is verified, you can delete credit card details and choose to pay with Paypal.

Hi everyone,

If you are having any trouble with payments, please contact our payments team. They're really nice. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.

Alternatively, check out our FAQs regarding payments here: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/payment/

SleepyAnt - A payment card is needed when changing the country in your account for verification purposes. Not when signing up for subscription. So, please, don't use your friends card.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks, but that's not a solution! I do not want a credit card but I do want spotify premium. To keep it simple:

NO CREDIT CARD -> YES SPOTIFY  

Please don't refer me to paypal, you also need a creditcard there,,,, 

Thanks in advance

You can also buy Spotify gift cards from selected retailers across Europe, if you don't have a credit card.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Hey Richard!

No need to double post. ;D

@hpguru wrote:

Hey Richard!

No need to double post. ;D

Ha! You got me.

Post removed.

Thank you.

Question, how I activate Gift card if I purchase one in R-Kioski?

Does your system ask before redeeming if I like Premium, not just 2 month Unlimited?

My subscription for Spotify is gone 07/07 and I will renew it with Premium.

I know this redeeming link, I just wonder about that I do not redeem it with Unlimited? Because Premium is better service. 😄

Marked as solution

When redeeming you should have the option of choosing to use it as Premium/Unlimited/downloads. If you're already on a subscription though, you'll just get the option to extend your current subscription (if I recall correctly).

Thank you. This is all information I need.

This is awesome way to Purchase Spotify in any R-Kioski here in Finland. Because autorenew does not work, because Nordea decline your autorenews as security thing. I do not know why Spotify does not change payment type to Internet payments, but at least now I can purchase gift cards here. My R-Kioski is about km from me. 🙂

@ Richard

gift cards are not available in my country

@power87 wrote:

@ Richard

gift cards are not available in my country

Sorry to hear that. I hope we can get something arranged soon for users in your country.

Another User from Austria here who is unable to purchase via Paypal without Credit Card. Gift Cards are not available in Austria too. You guys should really work on a solution for this if you want our money...

Suggested posts