Solved!

Username is numbers and I don't have a Facebook account

Plan: Premium

Device

All Devices

Operating System

All operating systems

My Question or Issue

Hello! My username changed to a bunch of numbers because I deleted my Facebook account. I did not realise that deleting my Facebook account would result in my Spotify account becoming just a bunch of numbers. How can I change my username? It's very inconvenient that it's a bunch of numbers right now.

Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @12171473956,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would like by mentioning that i recommend gaining back access to your Facebook account in order to complete the steps.

As a Spotify user can choose between two different types of login options (Facebook/Email), once you've taken the Facebook option, the two starts joining hands.

That means, your display name and profile picture are presented straight from your Facebook account (with the user permission of course).

In order to change your account's basis to email instead of Facebook and for you to choose your own display name and picture, you'll have to disconnect the two following the steps here and create a new email oriented account.

In order to have all your data transferred safely, please make sure to have both new and old accounts available for the process.

You can follow the steps provided here and transfer all your data in no time.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @12171473956,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I would like by mentioning that i recommend gaining back access to your Facebook account in order to complete the steps.

As a Spotify user can choose between two different types of login options (Facebook/Email), once you've taken the Facebook option, the two starts joining hands.

That means, your display name and profile picture are presented straight from your Facebook account (with the user permission of course).

In order to change your account's basis to email instead of Facebook and for you to choose your own display name and picture, you'll have to disconnect the two following the steps here and create a new email oriented account.

In order to have all your data transferred safely, please make sure to have both new and old accounts available for the process.

You can follow the steps provided here and transfer all your data in no time.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have any further questions 🙂

Hello @12171473956,

Just jumping in with some additional info to what @OneByBoo has already suggested.

If you wish to keep your original account, you can also edit your display name following the steps in this Spotify Answer.

In case you don't have access to the email address registered with your account, be sure to check out this article for what to do next.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else 🙂 

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to disconnect my Spotify from Facebook so I've opted to just transfer everything over to a new account. Thanks again!

Hi @12171473956,

thanks for following my advise !

I'm glad to hear it's works now.

Don't hesitate to ask any further questions you may have.

Enjoy Spotify 🙂

Suggested posts