Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Username not linked to an email address

Solved!

Username not linked to an email address

I have an account with an email address, it is a free account.

I set my daughter up with an account, but it doesn't appear to be linked to an email address. I pay the £9.99 a month via paypal, so I know she has an account.

The username is around 24 letters/numbers string.

We have tried all types of email addresses and then input the 24 string into the username field and the response was "this account is not linked to an email"

She has been trying for months to resolve this as she now wants to use on her Mac and is panicked in case her phone logs her out, she won't be able to get back in.

TIA

Inga Kenny

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again!

Look, before send you to Customer Support, give it a try:

Try to log in her account using her 24 characters username and her password. If you get it, you can link an email account to her Spotify account.

Let me know if you could do it.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @ingakenny 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

Have you tried to consider that your daughter's account could be linked to her Facebook or something like that?

Keep me updated on your case.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi @hezorg I managed to find a "Live Chat" and gave them my daugter's 24 string username. They just added an email address to her account and voila! It was sorted.

My daughter doesn't have a Facebook account so I eliminated that.

So answer is find the live chat, tell them the 24 alphanumeric username and proof that I had made payments for the PREMIUM account by providing the Transaction ID and they just add an email address to the account. You get the email and do reset password and all works well.

Marked as solution

Hey again!

Look, before send you to Customer Support, give it a try:

Try to log in her account using her 24 characters username and her password. If you get it, you can link an email account to her Spotify account.

Let me know if you could do it.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts