Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Verified User / Artist

Solved!

Verified User / Artist

Im trying to make my profile a verified user page, but cant find out how so i'm trying to make it a verified artist page, but when in the "Select Artist" tab my profile doesn't show up and I have no idea what to do to get it, i got the url and that didn't work. Do I need music on my account? I’ve seen profiles without yet still verified. Please help 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cntrljose,

Thanks for reaching out.

Verification for user profiles is granted on a case-by-case basis to prevent fraudulent profiles and help preserve a good user experience.

Artist page verification is automatically granted after your request for Spotify for Artists has been approved. If you don't have your music available on Spotify yet, check this FAQ article out. It explains how you can get your music onto Spotify.

After your music has been published on Spotify, you can request access to Spotify for Artists here.

Also, Spotify no longer merges artist pages with user profiles, so when your artist page gets verified, it won't be merged with your user profile. They're two separate pages.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @cntrljose,

Thanks for posting to the community! This article over at the Spotify for Artists site explains more about verification.

Cheers,

Tim

Marked as solution

Hey @cntrljose,

Thanks for reaching out.

Verification for user profiles is granted on a case-by-case basis to prevent fraudulent profiles and help preserve a good user experience.

Artist page verification is automatically granted after your request for Spotify for Artists has been approved. If you don't have your music available on Spotify yet, check this FAQ article out. It explains how you can get your music onto Spotify.

After your music has been published on Spotify, you can request access to Spotify for Artists here.

Also, Spotify no longer merges artist pages with user profiles, so when your artist page gets verified, it won't be merged with your user profile. They're two separate pages.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star

Is there a form I can apply to get a approval for a verified user profile?

@cntrljose,

No, please reach out to your local Spotify rep and they will help walk you through the necessary next steps. 

If you do not have a local rep, then I don't think that you're able to get a verified user profile.

MaximSpotify Star

Hey there! Thanks for the insight. Do you know if I can get verified if in case I have a music of mine in a CD with multiple artists?

Hey there @pmpb4,

Thanks for the questions.

It's best to reach out directly to our Artist support team here. They'll be able to give you more accurate information about how things work currently and guide you through verification.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts