Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Very unhelpful company and one of the worst customer services ever....

Very unhelpful company and one of the worst customer services ever....

This is how the story goes....

Hi, I have been trying now for 3 days to sort out my subscription. I have used your @SpotifyCares twitter and you have still been very unhelpful in sorting out my problem. my email is (email deleted for security reasons) this is the same email I log into spotify with. the case number is 04563999.

I used my PSN wallet to pay for your service, after contacting them (from your advice) they just directed me back to you stating "if its a subscription issue then @SpotifyCares would help me". I have paid money for a service you provide and as such I expect you to sort this out.

Here is the transcript to date....

Hi, I have submitted 2 emails now through your contact form and still no response. I used my PS4 to join your premium service but when i log in from my phone or PC it still shows as being on the 'Free' service. All playlists are there so I dont think we are dealing with separate logins. Please can someone at least acknowledge that I have contacted you! 

Hey, we're sorry to hear that. Do you have the 8 digit case # for the email to support? We'd love to get this looked into! /Z

Thanks for that. We'll get your email over to one of the right team now. Someone should be in touch with you shortly /Z

Still no email ?

No worries! We'll help via Twitter. We don't see a payment on your account. Could you send over a screenshot of your email receipt for Premium? /CB

(screen shots of my payment)

As I keep on saying I paid for my premium subscription via my PS4

I only log in via FB

And all my playlists are in there

I can access the premium features on the ps4 but when I try on mobile-PC or any other medium it says I only have a free account

SpotifyCares
That's odd. We can see that your account is Free on our end. As you’re paying via PSN Wallet, it'd be best to reach out to @AskPlayStation for help on this /CB

Why would that be ?

It's your service that I have paid for and money has come out of my bank account

And I can access the premium service via my ps4

How can your company allow me a 'premium' service through my ps4 logged in through my Facebook account but not anywhere else ?

Sony don't own Spotify so how could they sort out my subscription ?

SpotifyCares
Since your subscription is being paid via PSN, you'll need to contact them to see what's going on with your subscription. We're afraid there isn't much we can do when it comes to subscriptions paid through one of our partners /CB

But that's not my problem, I have paid money for your service

How you deal with your partners is not my concern

Money has left my bank account to pay for a service Spotify provide

All Sony can do is confirm that they have taken money from me they cannot turn on or off subscriptions in your company..... ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT

Why don't you contact your partner and confirm that I have paid for YOUR SERVICE and then turn on my premium across my devices.... It's been 4 days now since I paid and I haven't been able to use the service I paid for !!!

SpotifyCares
The reason why we're not able to make any changes to your subscription is because you're paying via PSN. We'll be happy to replace the Premium you've paid via PSN, but you'll need to cancel first by following the steps at Playstation support … /CB

These are instructions to cancel the 'auto renew' function not the subscription!

What about the money that has left my bank account ?

The auto renew happens in 2 months time

So I just let PSN take money from me again next month ? With no service from you ?

Come on guys all I want is the service I've paid for. I paid for a SPOTIFY premium subscription. Sony don't control how this works you do. If I chase Sony all they will say is 'yes sir you have paid for a Spotify Premium service' if it's not working correctly please contact Spotify.

I've proven that I have paid for it and I can even send you a bank statement to show this.

I just what what I've paid for.... Is that really to much to ask ?

Do Sony control Spotify accounts ? NO
Am I paying Sony for one of their services? NO
Do Sony have the ability to turn on and off subscription services within Spotify? NO
Am I using Sony as a payment system like PayPal ? Yes

Are you seriously suggesting that if I'd paid for your services via PayPal you would make me chase them to activate my account ? NO

This is now beyond a joke.....

(screenshot - email from PSN explainging Spotifys 'How To Guide' for contacting regarding subscriptions)

That came from PSN, they basically did what you did and copy info from Spotify's help guide

?

discussion1.jpg
disscusion2.jpg
5 Replies

Hey there, thanks for reaching out in the community!
This is odd. Usually when paying for a service through a third party, the payment goes to the third party that processes it and then that party is responsible on transfering over info and payment to the original service carrier. Have you tried contacting @AskPlayStation to see how everything is on their end? Also, have you tried the log out and in again and uninstalling and re-installing solutions offered? I realise it must be a tiring experience but machines are machine and sometimes they don't work as smoothly as we'd wish 🙂
Hope this helped!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hey Kate, 

If you read my post you will see that I have already contact PSN and they directed me to a 'how to guide' from the Spotify website for sorting subscription problems.... basically saying its got nothing to do with them.

And yes I have delted and re-installed Spotify on all my devices PC-Mobile-PS4 and it still all shows as a 'free' account ?

JP

IMG_6270.PNG

Hey again!
I did read through your post. To clear things up, your spotify account on PS is on "Premium" but it shows up as free through all other devices? Also, could you post a clearer photo of the first screnshot? If it's not possible, can you please check if the email you are using for your PS Spotify account is the same one you are using to log in though the other devices?
Keep me posted!
K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hey, 

Yes that is correct, I can see all my playlists from my 'free' account on the PS4 so it can only be the same account.

I only ever log into spotify via FB and did so on my PS4.

This has just been sent via @Spotifycares twitter....

"Just to clarify - as you’re paying via PSN Wallet, Sony are the ones who manage this subscription and we're not able to make changes to it. Now, it seems that the Premium time wasn't activated successfully. We'd recommend cancelling your ongoing subscription following the link above. Once you've done this, we'd be happy to add a free month of Premium to your Spotify account /O"

So I was right in all my communication, Spotify are claiming an inability to activate somthing they control and as their only way of dealing with it is for me to cancel my purchse through PSN. weather or not Sony allow me to do this remains to be seen.

Why begin a business relationship with such a massive partner if you cannot even commnitcate with them ???

Lets see what Sony say.

JP

Hi @1117831676!

Contact again with PlayStation support telling them that the guide doesn't work, sometimes is the first thing suggested because users hardly ever take a look at those guides. I guess PlayStation support is like Spotify, if you contact them telling that the first troubleshoot steps didn't work they'll take a closer look.

Suggested posts