Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player - How to scrobble to Last fm?

Solved!

Web player - How to scrobble to Last fm?

Hi there,

I couldn't find an option to add my last.fm account details to Web Player after the UI changed. There used to be an option under account settings, but I can't find it now. Is this feature cancelled? Any suggestions?

29 Replies

Nothing works. I tried everything you guys suggested, but nope. I use web player cause I cast it to tv and I dont think I am able from the regular desktop one. Bleh.

This problem seems specific to Chrome for some reason, so by tricking Spotify into thinking you're on another browser you can force it to open the play.spotify url instead of open.spotify.  Go into your Options under More Tools, and click Developer Tools.  This opens the developer pane, and in the top right should be another three-dot Options button.  From here, click on More Tools again, then Network conditions.  This will open a scrolling window with a box checked that says "User agent."  Uncheck the box and change the selected browser in the dropdown menu below that.  Now, with the Developer Tools pane still open, try to access play.spotify.  Once Spotify loads, you can close the Developer Tools pane.  If you close the tab or refresh it you'll have to go through the process again to trick Chrome into giving you the right Spotify interface.

tl;dr instructions for Chrome:
Options > More Tools > Developer Tools 

More Tools button (top right) > Network Conditions > uncheck "user agent" checkbox > select different browser (Firefox)

In firefox you have to use the extension Last.fm Scrobbler.

No Last.fm support by Spotify web player?!  That's the dealbreaker, I'm unsubscribing!

Marked as solution

You can use the awesome connector at https://strack.liste.nz

Awesome sammarcus. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, the app is working great ...

Glad you're enjoying it! It was exactly what I was looking for.

Suggested posts