Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web player - How to scrobble to Last fm?

Solved!

Web player - How to scrobble to Last fm?

Hi there,

I couldn't find an option to add my last.fm account details to Web Player after the UI changed. There used to be an option under account settings, but I can't find it now. Is this feature cancelled? Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can use the awesome connector at https://strack.liste.nz

View solution in original post

29 Replies

Hi,

Are you using open.spotify.com or play.spotify.com? If you're using the second, you can click on the Settings button and choose CONNECT next to the "Scrobble to Last.fm" option. Can you please tell me if the problem has been worked out correctly?

Best!

Hello,

Thanks for helping. You are absolutely right! I wasn't aware that there are 2 different versions. I've always used play.spotify.com when I can't use the desktop app.  I was thinking that open.spotify.com was a new UI, didn't realise the change in the URL. I just realised that when I try to reach play.spotify on Chrome it automatically redirects me to open.spotify.com. I couldn't manage to reach play.spotify no matter how hard I tried.

Do you have any suggestions?

Hi,

Try to log out using open.spotify, then log back in using play.spotify.com. Tell me if this worked!

I'm having the same problem as "1259425822 ".

I tried your suggestion, but it keeps redirecting me to http://open.spotify.com/ and it asks me the login again -_-

I used Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

I was able to get at least partially there!  Was having the same problem even accessing the setting because Chrome would always redirect me from play.spotify.com to open.spotify.com.

I tried a desktop computer and used Internet Explorer to log in to play.spotify.com. Had to install Flash (this is probably why there is a different site for Chrome as it doesn't use Flash), and then logged in and had the "gear" icon at the bottom left. I was already set as connected to my last.fm account, so I disconnected and reconnected. The scrobbling is still not working from Spotify, but I least we know how to see the setting and it may work for someone else.

I can reach play spotify.com from Firefox without any issues; but on Chrome, still no luck. I tried logging out from open.spotify and logged back in on play.spotify, but again it redirected me to open.spotify. Tried from different computers as well. Really annoying. 😞

I know its a late answer but still...

Try the next: Log off, enter to play.spotify.com, Don't log in with facebook or other pages.

Click in "you have an account?" or something like that to log in normally.

If that doesn't works you can make a new account without using facebook, i mean its still easier than downloading the desktop player.

Hope that fix it or you.

Edit: And don't worry you can link multiple accounts to Last.fm 

Same issue for me. Chrome automatically redirects from play.spotify.com to open.spotify.com. For a glimpse I can see the settings button, but too fast for me to try clicking onto.

The workarounds suggested above are not possible due to:

* Firefox just stating 'can't connect to spotify'. Perhaps it is too old as I am using 45.5.1 ESR (manual updates not permitted and no updates pushed by admin so far)

* New account would mean to pay a second time.

Anyone able to solve the mystery of shy play.spotify.com?

I'm having the same issue. Logged out and logged back in but I'm still redirected to open.spotify.com. I came back to Spotify because I wasn't enjoying Google Play, but there are ridiculous problems like this that remain unfixed. 😕

ok it looks like they fixed it and Firefox won't open play.spotify too...

Well the only thing left to do is downloading the desktop player.

I wonder why they don't allow us to use last.fm from open.spotify

Here in my work can't use Desktop player so i've to use only web player.

I need this feature to scrobble from Web player (new open.spotify.com)

I can't use the desktop player cause it crashes the UI of my system (debian 8 jessie).

I can use the web player, but no scrobble. I hope spotify team have in mind this is an issue to be solved.

A fix for this would be lovely! 

Chrome users, and others suffering redirect problems, the following *might* work for you: Go to play.spotify.com, and log in as normal. As soon as you are logged in, but before spotify has a chance to redirect you to open.spotify.com, hit escape (or whatever key your browser uses to kill page loads). Then you can click around from there to user play.spotify.com.

Unfortunately, this didn't solve it for me, my last.fm still was not getting scrobbles. I thought that maybe this was because I had changed my last.fm password since the last time I used play.spotify.com. I tried to change my password, but this takes you to the last.fm website, then back to open.spotify.com, without a chance to intercept a play.spotify.com. If you don't have to change your last.fm credentials in spotify it might work, but otherwise I can't help.

To be honest, especially given how bad the android app is, I think the best solution is to use an alternative service.

Hey, I have found a solution to this problem. And it is to ad an extension to Google Chrome. The list of sites it scrobbles from is huge and it works. I have used it for youtube and now it automatically works for spotify. Hope I was helpful.

Hey sunflower983 which extension u use?

I use  "Last.fm Scrobbler" extension works for me link here

Having the same issue: Workaround if you prefer to use the Web Player is to also have the desktop app open (but play from Web Player). And make sure your desktop app settings for last.fm are set up first.

Nevermind my last comment - it seems that on the last.fm app on mac it shows the "now playing" if you have the Spotify app open and are playing through the Web Player. But it still doesn't scrobble 😞 

Suggested posts