Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weird numbers and letters in username

Solved!

Weird numbers and letters in username

Hey everybody, my account username is consist of a lot of different numbers and letters, how can i fix it? I didnt connect my profile to facebook, so i dont know what is the problem

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tony43,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, when you sign up Spotify automatically generates a random username, but you're able to choose a profile name.

Usernames and profile names can't be modified; however, other users will be able to find you with the profile name you chose, and the random username won't show up on your Spotify profile.

Sometimes the random username is displayed in the app, but it usually updates itself after a little while with the profile name you chose when creating your account.

For more information, check out this support article: Change Username

Update:

You can now choose a display name by following these steps. A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Tony43,

Welcome to the community!

Currently, when you sign up Spotify automatically generates a random username, but you're able to choose a profile name.

Usernames and profile names can't be modified; however, other users will be able to find you with the profile name you chose, and the random username won't show up on your Spotify profile.

Sometimes the random username is displayed in the app, but it usually updates itself after a little while with the profile name you chose when creating your account.

For more information, check out this support article: Change Username

Update:

You can now choose a display name by following these steps. A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Are usernames unique IDs, i.e. can no two existing accounts have the same username?

Hi there @Dango_Official,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

They are all unique and you can't have the same username as someone else - however, you can have the same display name as other users. You can read more about it here.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts