Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does Spotify play some tunes on my mobile but not through my echo plus?

Why does Spotify play some tunes on my mobile but not through my echo plus?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

For example, I can play the latest album Designer by Aldous Harding on my mobile, but Alexa on my Echo Plus says: "I can't find the album Designer in your music library".

Happens quite a lot, and is very frustrating!

3 Replies

Hey, I get the same issue, but I'm pretty certain it's an issue with Alexa and her inability to play albums, not Spotify. Sometimes the ones eponymous with one of the album's songs make her just play that song, in which case you need to be clear you want the album; sometimes Alexa has a different pronunciation than the user, in which case you should ask her a leading question like 'what is the newest album by Aldous Harding called', and then parrot back what she says is the answer. This doesn't sound like what's happening in this case however, and I'm yet to solve this specific response, other than to bluetooth a device to the Echo and use it as a speaker, though I guess that's not the answer you needed. Hope it helps a bit though 🦑

Hey @countyboy.

Just to follow up on what @yertletheturtle said, we suggest you try a few of the following troubleshooting steps first:

• unlink and relink your Spotify and Amazon accounts
  • update the firmware on your Alexa-enabled device
  • make sure that your Amazon account is set to the same country as your Spotify account (check out this support article for the relevant steps)

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here in case you need a hand 😉

That's worked for me! Thanks for the help!

Suggested posts