Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why does spotify automaticly create new accounts through facebook??

Solved!

Why does spotify automaticly create new accounts through facebook??

Hi!

I have been reading in the forum and apparently a lot of people have the same problem as me. 

Spotify has created a second account for me through my facebook-account without me knowing about it.

How does that happen and how do I avoid that? To some users it has happened again after the support deleted the extra account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay I have done that for you.

If they need anymore information I'm sure they will post here 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey 🙂 

You just have to be careful when entering your details. If you accidentally enter a Facebook email address into the username field on the client log in screen, and the password of course, it will sign in using that Facebook account thereby linking it to Spotify. 

I think also, if you click a Spotify link whilst you are signed into Facebook on the web, but you are not signed in on your Spotify client, it will automatically use the Facebook account, creating it if it doesn't exist.

Peter

Peter

Thank you for your answer!

I know that I haven't entered my e-mail adress in the client log in screen but the other option that you describe, that might have happened. I sometimes click spotify links on facebook if friends post links to songs that they like and it is possible that I have done that without being logged in to my account.

But I think it is stupid that spotfy creates a new account when I do that. It would be better if they asked me to log in or at least ask me if I want to create a new account.

Now I just have the problem left of how to get rid of that second account that I don't want.

Do you want your duplicate account removed? 

If you post back here I can see if a staff member will do it for you 😉

Peter

Peter

Yes, that would be very nice.

I would like the duplicate account to be removed, not this account that I'm using now. 

The username for the duplicate account is "1136409280". Do you need any more information about it?

Thanks again!

Marked as solution

Okay I have done that for you.

If they need anymore information I'm sure they will post here 😉

Peter

Peter

Hi earawe - No problem, that account has been removed for you. 

Any other users experiencing this issue can 'link' those two accounts by following Richard's instructions here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Please-read-Missing-playlists-Premi...

You can then disconnect from Facebook later if you'd like. 

Thank you!

hello, i chanche my emailadress on facebook...but now is spotify also chanch...my first emailadress pay for spotify..but my new one doesnt work ??

enybody now how i can chanche my spotify emailadress ??

Suggested posts