Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Australian GST added to my subscription when I am in NZ?

Why is Australian GST added to my subscription when I am in NZ?

Can Spotify please explain why Australian GST is added to my subscription when I am in NZ? Can this charge be claimed back?

3 Replies

My guess is it is because Spotify don't have an office in New Zealand (that I am aware of) so you are most likely being billed by Spotify Australia. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I understand Australian GST is added for the consumption of goods and services in  Australia and not added to goods and services "exported" out of Australia. Hence, there should not be GST in my bill as I reside in NZ or anywhere else out of Australia.

I can't imagine Spotify would charge you GST unless it was required by law, we have had the same long discussion about US Sales Tax on digital goods. If you want more details, best people to ask are the payments team who you can email here.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts