Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why should I continue paying for premium when?

Why should I continue paying for premium when?

I've been paying for Spotify Premium for over 2 years now and in that 2 years I have had nothing but problems. 

For starters, my name on the top right hand side of the page always appears with my spotify number, never my actual name. You may think this is something so trivial, but when you're paying $140 you'd think something as little as this would not be a problem. Especially when spotify markets itself on connecting people together through music. How am I supposed to be connected with other people, especially my other followers when all they see is '124272847' (not my actual number). 

Secondly, recently spotify has not even been letting me use the desktop app as it says it cannot detect any internet connection, when I clearly have working internet. Fundamental issue. I literally could not access spotify all day yesterday because of this. 

So I contacted spotify on Facebook and they told me to reinstall the app, which I did. I try signing in but it tells me 'Service is unavailable' GREAT!!! 

I'm finally able to log into spotify, all is going well until...yep, you gussed it, something went wrong again. Spotify cant detect any internet connection.

I've been supporting spotify for years now and this is simply not good enough. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-25 at 6.16.30 pm.png
3 Replies

What kind of connection are you using? Are you behind any kind of proxy or firewall? The things with the numbers as a username often happen to people at work for instance, where the Facebook connection is limited or blocked. 

As for the internet issue, try changing your proxy settings, under advanced settings. Toggling between auto-detect and https worked for a few other users that had this problem.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm not sure if I am behind a proxy or firewall, how do I know if I am? And if so how can I change that. 

Whats happening is everytime I havent used my laptop for a few hours and then log on, it says spotify is offline as it cant detect internet, then after about 5 minutes it works. Which is somewhat good but obviously I want it to work all the time. 

And then what happens is whenever a song begins to play, the first 3-4 seconds theres nothing, I get a notification saying 'cant play current track' (refer to attached picture, you can also see how my username is numbers). But then plays again, very very annoying. 

Screen Shot 2015-11-26 at 2.11.13 pm.png

Hey @coop3228

Are you still experiencing this problem?

Can you let me know your device/OS and Spotify version?

Thank you,

Catherine

Suggested posts