Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't stay connected to Facebook

Solved!

Won't stay connected to Facebook

I've had my account linked to Facebook for a many years, however recently it must have unlinked. I try to reconnect to FB by going to 'settings>connect to facebook' on spotify desktop and on the iOS app. It takes me through the steps and says that I have logged in, however still displays my name as my spotify username. And, if I close the spotify app and reopen it, it shows that I am not connected to FB, even though I just did. I have tried connecting multiple times and still the same issue. I can still see my followed friends and their activity (who I followed through connecting to FB). I went into my FB settings and it says that Spotify is a connected app. Uninstalling and reinstalling has not worked.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone and Windows PC

Operating System

iOS 12 and Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lowercase28!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @lowercase28.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours before you see all changes take effect. So let us know if after logging out and in 48 hours later you still don't see the link with Facebook. Be sure to check @Jose_M's idea as well.

Hope it works 🙂

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lowercase28!

Sounds like you might have opted out of sharing your data with Facebook. You can check this on your account page here. You should also make sure that on Facebook's end here, Spotify has to be allowed to have access to personal data.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It is possible that you have deleted your facebook account or disabled it. It is also possible that you have denied facebook the ability to your user data.

Marked as solution

Hey @lowercase28.

Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours before you see all changes take effect. So let us know if after logging out and in 48 hours later you still don't see the link with Facebook. Be sure to check @Jose_M's idea as well.

Hope it works 🙂

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts