Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Won't stop playing suggested songs

Won't stop playing suggested songs

I just made a playlist dedicated to Pink Season, by Pink Guy, and in the beginning it was working fine, and played 2 or 3 songs normally. Then, it out of nowhere started playing Carly Rae Jepsen, which was a suggested song. I figured if I just skipped it, it would go back to Pink Season, but no, just more suggested music. I tried restarting the app (on andriod) 3 or 4 times and I have only gotten it to play one more Pink Season song before it just went back to playing suggested songs. Is there any way to turn off the suggested music?

Top Answer
Eni

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We can confirm that the behavior you described is expected with the free service on the mobile app. Spotify free can help you find new music we think you'll love. That means we’ll continue to suggest tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better the suggestions will become.

If you have less than 15 songs in your Liked Songs, we'll add more songs. You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

On another note, you can find all the differences between the free and the Premium service as well as the available subscription types here.

Cheers!

27 Replies

Spotify automatically plays recommended songs when your playlist contains less than 12 songs. I would recommend adding each song more than once in a playlist, it worked for me.

I'm Pemium also, same problem with "suggested music" that I do not want.

Winner winner chicken dinner, do the Mario sing a song then side to side, come on let's go and do the Mario.

@Rstrang6 wrote:

Spotify automatically plays recommended songs when your playlist contains less than 12 songs. I would recommend adding each song more than once in a playlist, it worked for me.

The playlist I am listening to has a total of 116 songs and I still get suggest music playing randomly through out the playlist. Sometimes I like the song and end up adding it to the playlist but most of the time I skip the songs and it does not help so the less than 12 songs thing is false or at least it is in my case.

I've tried this, but Spotify always, always plays recommended music for me on playlists over 12 songs. One of my playlists has 60 songs and Spotify still plays recommended music. Whenever I use the app on my computer or iPad it doesn't seem to play recommended music, but Spotify seems addicted to playing recommended music when I'm listening on my phone.  The app seems determined to disable as many enjoyable things as possible to make your only solution be buying Premium.

Spotify suuuuuucks!!

I was on Premium and unable to disable suggested music. That's why I
cancelled.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

We can confirm that the behavior you described is expected with the free service on the mobile app. Spotify free can help you find new music we think you'll love. That means we’ll continue to suggest tracks and artists for your playlists as you create and edit them. The more you listen, the better the suggestions will become.

If you have less than 15 songs in your Liked Songs, we'll add more songs. You will see a message telling you that the extra songs were added by us, but they can be replaced by adding more songs.

On another note, you can find all the differences between the free and the Premium service as well as the available subscription types here.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts