Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wow! Customer service locked me out of my account!

Wow! Customer service locked me out of my account!

While reporting that my premium account had been hacked, the chat rep locked me out of my account without telling me they were going to do it! Unbelieveable!!

Here is the transcript of our chat:

-----------

Info: My account has been hacked. Someone else is creating playlists and skewing my Discovery results. I changed the password but it still continues. Just today (8/20/2017), another strange playlist appeared in my "Recover Playlists" section, called "Ace." The main problem is my "Discover" recommendations have now been ruined. I want you to shut down the hacker(s) and restore my Discover algorithm to June 2017 status. Can you do that?

Info: 
Saira L: Thanks for your patience as I read over your question for a moment...
Saira L: 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry to hear you experience this while using Spotify.

Saira L: 

No worries, I'll help you secure your account.

You: Thanks
Saira L: 

Give me few moments as I look into this.

You: Ok sure
Saira L: I'm still working on this. Please bear with me a little bit longer, and stay on this screen so we don't get disconnected.
You: ok
Saira L: 

Just need more time to further investigate here. Please bear with me.

You: ok ...NP
Saira L: Thank you for holding on a few more minutes. Please don't go to another app or browser window or we could become disconnected.
Saira L: 

While I investigate this further, I’ve taken the precaution of blocking all users from accessing your account, including you for now. I've also erased your payment details for security purposes.

Saira L: 

So I can verify you’re the rightful account holder, please provide one of the following:

Saira L: 

- The earliest Spotify payment receipt you have available.
- A screenshot of a Spotify payment on your bank or PayPal statement (please ensure the date and reference is visible in the screenshot)
<Chat ended here>

-----------

I had to create a new account to be able to post this message. How do I get my old account back? I'm not going through the hassle of searching bank records for screenshots. Or, after several years, maybe, this is where me and Spotify go our separate ways ...

1 Reply

Hey @fyrwerx,

Thanks for reaching out.

The only way to regain access to your account is to send the requested info to Support, so they can verify that you're really the owner of the account, and not someone else.

You can reach out to them via one of the below ways:

Contact form: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/?contact
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/spotifycares

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts