Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

First, go into your old facebook account and delete Spotify from Settings > Apps.

That should let you disconnect facebook from within the Spotify app, so you can link it to your new one.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I did that before deleting it, but I'm deleting my Facebook. So I want a
Spotify account that is completely separate from Facebook. I also want to
be able to redeem my Spotify student on this new account, but it doesn't
allow it.

You can look for your account username, which should be random numbers because you registered with facebook, and still use as it is.

But for the student discount, you should talk to someone from customer service.

osorniosSpotify Star

I already try this solución but it doesn't work

Can't log into Spotify?! Help!

My premium account was under johnnyblue and linked to my Live email and Facebook. I tried to share something to FB, as I had done many times before but it logged out. Tried to log in with no luck. Asked to reset password but kept getting a not available or no longer valid etc.

I can access the old, free account under john.winser but not the johnnyblue premium account 😕

I'm a bit stuck ..

Hi,

My spotify account is logged in through facebook but I want to log in on my TV (not possible to link through facebook). I have tried multiple times to be sent a password and it keeps saying that I log in through facebook so not possible.

Please advise?! I feel like this is such a waste of time when it should be possible to be sent out a password for my account.

Best wishes

A

@johnwinser

You don't need facebook to login, since you have a Spotify username.

Login to your account in the website

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Check that your email address is correct.

You can check the status of your subscription here:

osorniosSpotify Star

@11131076582

My suggestion would be for you to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for facebook (past or present). That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, contact customer support and they'll help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

If you like you can link this new account to your facebook again, but now you won't have to rely in the facebook login process, since you'll have your very own Spotify username.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks sooo much!! Needed those links...all sorted 😄

You're welcome. Good that everything sorted out. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

what if we don't have a desk top????

Yesterday I linked the wrong Facebook account to my account, manage to disconnect and login with the correct Facebook account later, however it still shows the wrong profile on my desktop app, can any admin check on this? thank you

@ryachel

Facebook profiles tend to attach themselves to your account for a little while even after disconnecting. You should wait a while for it to update, or disconnect it again and leave it without any fb attached for a day or two.

osorniosSpotify Star

Hello

So a few years back I signed up with Facebook to spotify and I need it unlinked. I have a new account with a family plan and I want that account linked with Facebook. Can anyone help?

Can you not connect your account to facebook following the steps here?

@Cnrivera93 wrote:
Hello

So a few years back I signed up with Facebook to spotify and I need it unlinked. I have a new account with a family plan and I want that account linked with Facebook. Can anyone help?

How do I unlink my account from facebook on a chromebook??

Not anymore!

I have a similar issue. My Facebook account is linked correctly, however my birthday is incorrect. It's correct in my Facebook page but not on my Spotify account.
Is it possible to disassociate my Facebook and Spotify accounts? I'd like to login on Spotify using my email address and not my Facebook account.

Hey @BruSqu,

Yes, it is possible. If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you need to create a new account with a different email address from the one you use for Facebook. That will give you a Spotify username of your choice, so you won't have to rely on Facebook anymore.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges (if you have them), library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.
osorniosSpotify Star

Hi, 

I have been unable to download the spotify app on my iMac, maybe as its already there under a different user.

I have the app on my ipad, but when I login via facebook it directs to my partners facebook.

How do I either delete my account linked to facebook or be able to login to MY ipad without my partners account taking over?

Many thanks

Suggested posts