Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

Solved!

Wrong Facebook attached to my account

So you've logged in with your Spotify username only to see your friend's Facebook picture and name in the top right hand corner. Now your listening history is on your friend's Facebook--what to do?

Not to worry. This can be fixed in a matter of seconds. 

Head over to your Preferences Page within your desktop app: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

From there select 'Disconnect from Facebook' under 'Social Network'. You'll know it's disconnected when the button changes to 'Connect to Facebook'. 

If you'd like, you can then link to your own FB. That way this error can't happen again in the future 🙂 

678 Replies

@FlossyBlossom - I can confirm  your account isn't linked to Facebook. Are you signing in with your Spotify username (not your email)?

@yabadaba - How's that working for you now?

Hi there, basically I have a facebook-spotify account (IE a spotify account with a number as a username), which when i log into under my facebook credentials shows no facebook friends, nor can i search for them.

Just prior to this, this 'dummy' account was linked to a new account i created with my current e-mail address (which is different to my facebook-email address), which i subsequently deleted because i couldn't change the username.

Therefore i'd like to use this 'dummy' account, which has a number as a username and my facebook email adress as the email address, yet it won't  show any facebook friends, thanks,

This same problem happened to me. I was logged in with my friends playlists, but my name and photo. I disconnected but was unable find the connect button again. After messing around, I think I accidentally created another account. I am now my own friend on spotify but I want access to my old account. Would you be able to help me out?

Hey guys! Welcome to the community 🙂

Best way to get this sorted it to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in getting back to your original accounts and make sure everything is alright on the Spotify side. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HI, I have this problem to. I have followed the steps as outlined to disconnect from FB but it still shows my husbands name and mugshot in my account, so annoying as I PAY FOR IT! Any ideas? He has removed Spotify from his apps list on FB but annoyingly he is taking credit for my amazing taste in music 🙂 HELP!

@undered wrote:

HI, I have this problem to. I have followed the steps as outlined to disconnect from FB but it still shows my husbands name and mugshot in my account, so annoying as I PAY FOR IT! Any ideas? He has removed Spotify from his apps list on FB but annoyingly he is taking credit for my amazing taste in music 🙂 HELP!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Sometimes it can just be some data being stored in your client locally displaying that data. Try a quick clean reinstallation of the client and see if that helps. 

If you would like me to have a look at your profile, just post or PM your username and I will load it from here to see if it is displaying Facebook information publically. 

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter

Many thanks for your prompt reply - I'll try it out and hopefully normal service will be resumed!

Best regards

Underted (Vic)

I created a new Facebook and when I connected it to my Spotify my playlists and subscription to Premium disappeared. My email has not changed, it's the same as it ever was. I changed my email from old Facebook account to keep things less complicated. Is there any way to get my playlists back and my subscription?

@user-removed wrote:

I created a new Facebook and when I connected it to my Spotify my playlists and subscription to Premium disappeared. My email has not changed, it's the same as it ever was. I changed my email from old Facebook account to keep things less complicated. Is there any way to get my playlists back and my subscription?

Try following the steps outlined in this post, normally when this happens you have created a duplicate account and all you need to do to get back is log in using your Spotify username and password rather than using your Facebook details. 

Peter

Peter

That doesn't work. I can't login with my original account, I don't have a password for it. When I hit resend password, I get a screen that says I'm connected to Facebook (the wrong one) and I can't retrieve my original account's password. This is my original account's username: 123491205. This is the one I'm currently stuck with: 1274863884. My original account and this strange new one are tied to the same email thanks to Facebook connection. Trying to change it only generated this second account, I need a way to recover my original password so I can disconnect the old Facebook account and connect my new one without losing my Premium subscription or playlists.

@user-removed wrote:

That doesn't work. I can't login with my original account, I don't have a password for it. When I hit resend password, I get a screen that says I'm connected to Facebook (the wrong one) and I can't retrieve my original account's password. This is my original account's username: 123491205. This is the one I'm currently stuck with: 1274863884. My original account and this strange new one are tied to the same email thanks to Facebook connection. Trying to change it only generated this second account, I need a way to recover my original password so I can disconnect the old Facebook account and connect my new one without losing my Premium subscription or playlists.

I would suggest you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you in getting this sorted out for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hey guys.  I have a quick question.  I deactivated my facebook account, and I really don't want to activate it again.  But.. I would like to use my e-mail that is associated with it--it's my main e-mail and the only real one I have.  Is there someway to do that, or can I get my original account deleted, and just make a new one with my e-mail?

I've already filled out the only contact form, and hopefully this time I'll get a response.

Thanks

@user-removed wrote:

Hey guys.  I have a quick question.  I deactivated my facebook account, and I really don't want to activate it again.  But.. I would like to use my e-mail that is associated with it--it's my main e-mail and the only real one I have.  Is there someway to do that, or can I get my original account deleted, and just make a new one with my e-mail?

I've already filled out the only contact form, and hopefully this time I'll get a response.

Thanks

Hey 🙂 

The customer services team should be able to do that for you, just make sure you reply directly to any automated email replies you get which direct you to the community or help pages and it will go to a Spotify agent. 

Peter

Peter

Bonjour, 

Je souhaiterais détacher ce compte spotify à mon actuel compte Facebook, pour le remplacer par un autre. 

Pourriez-vous, je vous prie, m'indiquer la procédure à suivre pour résoudre ceci. 

Cordialement, 

L.

I've disconnected the facebook (of the person I don't know who has somehow managed to use my Spotify account) but this persons picture and followers and playlists is still on my account, and I'm very confused! Can someone help?

@ellietrix wrote:

I've disconnected the facebook (of the person I don't know who has somehow managed to use my Spotify account) but this persons picture and followers and playlists is still on my account, and I'm very confused! Can someone help?

Hey 🙂 

If your Spotify username is "ellietrix" I just had a look at your profile and can see it is linked to Facebook under the name Georgina. Is that incorrect? 

Peter

Peter

I connected to Spotify a long time ago and did not connect through Facebook.

I have followed the instr. above and yet my girlfriends name and profile from Facebook is being shown as my spotify profile. In EDIT -> PREFERENCES -> "Social Network": I only see: Connect to Facebook.

I do not want to have any connection between Spotify and Facebook! Not mine nor my girlfiends.

/Markus

@Svardsjoegata wrote:

I connected to Spotify a long time ago and did not connect through Facebook.

I have followed the instr. above and yet my girlfriends name and profile from Facebook is being shown as my spotify profile. In EDIT -> PREFERENCES -> "Social Network": I only see: Connect to Facebook.

I do not want to have any connection between Spotify and Facebook! Not mine nor my girlfiends.

/Markus

Try a quick clean reinstallation of the client, should get rid of that Facebook data that is hanging around. 

Peter

Peter

Hi! I've decided to close my main Facebook account for a smaller-scale one, and I need to transfer my Spotify account to it. Help?

@Eliwood wrote:

Hi! I've decided to close my main Facebook account for a smaller-scale one, and I need to transfer my Spotify account to it. Help?

If you drop customer services an email using the contact form they will be able to assist you in doing that.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts