Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong profile name displayed in desktop app

Wrong profile name displayed in desktop app

Hi there,

Spotify is not showing my correct profile name in the desktop app. The web version and the phone app updated itself seamlessly after I changed my name on facebook but the desktop app picked up something that I'm not even sure where it got from.

Tried reinstalling, disconnect from facebook then reconnect. Nothing worked and it's really frustrating. Please fix this 

14 Replies

Hey @Kentsu,

When did you change your name on Facebook?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

like a week ago

Okay, and what does it say instead of your Facebook name?
MaximSpotify Star

my name in Mandarin correctly spelt which is not even on my facebook. spooky

Can you please post a screenshot of how you see your display name?

Also, if you log into the Spotify app on another device, is your name in Mandarin there as well?

I’d also recommend logging in and back out twice to see if that helps.

MaximSpotify Star

I have the same issue going on, however my Mandarin name is put as my 'other name' on my Facebook profile. My profile name for Spotify in my phone is also in Mandarin.

Screenshot (1).png

Hey @weitong2013,

In which country are you currently located? Can you let me know the name of the language your Facebook account and device is currently set to?

MaximSpotify Star

Both my Facebook and Spotify accounts are set at Malaysia. They're both set at English (UK).

@weitong2013,

Can you reinstall Spotify on another device (mobile) to see if any change occurs?

https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/reinstallation-of-spotify/

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star

this is just ridiculous, like oh right, who could have thought of logging off and back in again.

is there anyone from Spotify can solve this or at least cares?? might as well move to apple since they cost the same

Hey @Kentsu!

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble. We know that these seem like simple steps but they really do help us to make sure that everything is fully up-to-date and synced across all your devices. 

We think that this may be a small issue with your devices cache. Let us know how you get on with @Maxim's steps?

Alternatively, if you'd like, our support team can take a look backstage at your account. You can reach out to them either via Twitter, Facebook or email.

Keep us posted 🙂

Well for me, I did not have another device to log on with my account so I wasn't able to do that step. However, there was an update for my Spotify, after the update I then realized that my account name has been restored to its 'proper' one. So yeah..

Just an update after the 'reset'. The problem has occured again, my 'name' has been reverted back to its Mandarin form.

Hey @weitong2013,

Please reach out to Spotify's support team so they can take a look backstage at your account. You can reach out to them either via Twitter, Facebook or email.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts