Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

account problem when unlinked to facebook

Solved!

account problem when unlinked to facebook

Hello, 

so i have and account that is connected to facebook and i can only connect to it by clicking "connect via facebook"

the problem is i dont want it to be connected to facebook, so i go to preferences i click disconnect from facebook

then i want to log in again in the account so i enter the email of the account and the password, but it doesnt work so i use the "i forgot my password" option and i change it

after that i try to reconnect with the same email and the new password but it just doesnt work, it says password and email doesnt match when i just reset it

I had to reuse connect with facebook to get logged in even if previously hit the disconnect from FB button which is weird....

can you help me having a classic account with an email and no facebook please ?

i would like to avoid deleting this one as i have a premium subscription on it

Loïc 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @loicdu81! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I recommend checking out the FAQ page ”I want to use Spotify without Facebook” here for the steps you should take to start the process of switching those accounts.
And be sure to use your username instead of your email address in the login process. ^^

Let me know if that helps, thanks!

Peace

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @loicdu81! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

I recommend checking out the FAQ page ”I want to use Spotify without Facebook” here for the steps you should take to start the process of switching those accounts.
And be sure to use your username instead of your email address in the login process. ^^

Let me know if that helps, thanks!

Peace

i don't get why but using the username instead of the email to connect worked after a password reset

thank you

Suggested posts