Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

ads/links open wrong web browser

Solved!

ads/links open wrong web browser

I'm not sure where to ask this question/get it fixed, but every time I want to click on one of the contests/other links from the ads on the free version of Spotify, it always opens Opera for some reason. I only used Opera for like 2 weeks when my computer was having issues/wouldn't accept any other web browsers; I only use Chrome now, but for some reason, Spotify won't open things with Chrome. Is there anywhere in the setting where I can fix this/switch it so it only uses Chrome instead of Opera?? I've looked, but can't find anything. Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you head to Chrome's Settings page then scroll to the bottom, it should give you the option there to set it as the default browser. Then every web link you click on anywhere should open in Chrome.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

If you head to Chrome's Settings page then scroll to the bottom, it should give you the option there to set it as the default browser. Then every web link you click on anywhere should open in Chrome.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify will use whatever is set as the default on your system. 

If you are using Windows, go to Start > Control Panel > Default Programs and make sure that Chrome is set to open any webpage type files. You can also check for default browser settings in the chrome settings. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts