Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can't change my country from usa to canada! HELP

can't change my country from usa to canada! HELP

Hello, 

I had signed up under usa a while ago when I was visiting a friend.  Now that Spotify is in canada I want to use it, but it will not let me change the country.  It is greyed out and does not let me select the country in the profie.  I have followed everything thet spotify has to change it but it will not work.  Here is a screenshot!

6 Replies

yeah, exact same problem for me.  I just signed up from within Canada now that it's available here, but it automatically registers my country as USA - even when I go to the Canadian version of the site, and the Canadian sign up page.  Then it won't let me change the country from USA to Canada.  I was able to use it for 14 days, but now Spotify thinks I'm a user with a USA account traveling abroad and it wont' let me use it past the 14 day period.

I need to be able to set it correctly to Canada, so if anyone knows how, please advise!

Hey Rollie2424,

I finally figured it out!!  I use unblockus on my home network so it wont let me change the settings on my wifi.   I ended up going to the profile settings using the web browser on my phone using LTE rather then wifi.  I changed it and now can log back in using my home wifi

That would definitely do the trick, on Spotify free the country locations are determined by your IP address. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I recently moved to Cambodia, but I cannot change my country on the profile page as the only option provided is the USA (where I registered). Is there no Spotify support for technical gliches? Glad I did not spend the money to upgrade if not.

I have the same problem. I have gone into edit profile page and when I click on my country to change it from Malaysia to UAE as I have just moved. It wont let me select or type in anything else. LIke it is frozen. It is driving me crazy. PLease help!

@lorimann46 

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Cambodia

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts