Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

country change and payment update failure

country change and payment update failure

Hello,

I have been facing issues updating my payment details. The credit card I have been using until now to pay my monthly subscription has been deactivated. Therefore I cannot pay it. I am registered with Spotify France, I have been using a French card, I am living in Cambodia and since I don't have another credit card for now, I have been wanting to use my wife's credit card. She is living in the US. When I try to update the profile information for switching to country in order to update my payment details by following exactly the procedure explained on the Spotify website, it simply doesn't work. The scroll down list is blocked. Even with entering a valid american credit card details and a zip code, it doesn't work. Spotify is threatening me to unsubscribe my account since I cannot pay (my French card being deactivated). What can I do to fix this?

Thanks 

2 Replies

@ricccs

Your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

Since Spotify is not yet available in Cambodia, you need to change your country to US for you to be able to use your wife's card.

For this, you need to use a VPN to get an US IP address and access your profile page.

It's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether. You will still be premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile (to US), and resubscribe to Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Good news!

Spotify is now available in Cambodia

You can read more information about Spotify's launch in new markets in this news article: Spotify Expands International Footprint, Bringing Audio to 80+ New Markets

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts